No announcement yet.

InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: InDIYana 2014: The bar keeps on rising.

Ha! Thanks. Those are my Nathan's. DS115 and TC6. Duratex finish. I like that pic too.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

But where are the walk-around reviews? I love the listening impressions!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K.
        No, he didn't and if you knew the back story and knew Alan better, you'd understand.
        Paul
        Before foot tapping assumes reaches the metaphorical level of @$$ kicking take a deep breath and laugh it off. Make fun of someone for not not knowing Respighi.... I guess with some of the stuff I have said without thinking, someone will deck me eventually at one of a gatherings.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by doctormorbius View Post
          Just browsed through the pictures. Fantastic work. There's a lot of talent in this bunch for sure.

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...indiyana-2014/
          The gallery is upgraded to support social media and comments. I've started tagging what everything is in earnest via comments. This is going to take some time, there are a lot of pictures to tag... oh my!
          Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
          Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by doctormorbius View Post
            Just browsed through the pictures. Fantastic work. There's a lot of talent in this bunch for sure.

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...indiyana-2014/
            This gathering isn't very far away for you; you should give it a visit sometime.
            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
              The gallery is upgraded to support social media and comments. I've started tagging what everything is in earnest via comments. This is going to take some time, there are a lot of pictures to tag... oh my!
              Thanks for your help, Jay.
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                Thanks for your help, Jay.
                I noticed that the pics no longer load the way they did yesterday. I can't view the whole pic and then click to see it full size now. I'm glad I downloaded all of the pics of me and my speakers last night, because it doesn't seem as friendly to use today. I really appreciate the pictures though and thanks to all involved for the hard work of putting these up for everyone.

Jeff
                Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                  I noticed that the pics no longer load the way they did yesterday. I can't view the whole pic and then click to see it full size now. I'm glad I downloaded all of the pics of me and my speakers last night, because it doesn't seem as friendly to use today. I really appreciate the pictures though and thanks to all involved for the hard work of putting these up for everyone.

Jeff
                  I fixed that. The pics should scale better now.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Oh the scale setting was messed up, guess that is what I get for leaving it at defaults! oops @.@
                    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                    Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

I plan on getting the walkaround done, but have not had the chance yet to get through it and post it up.
                      Just hold your anxiousness, Cheesehead- it'll happen.
                      Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                          Paul....I'm sure Alan intended nothing more than a giggle.
                          Mr. PK used to live on this side of the continent. It was a decade ago that he drove up to attend one of the NorCal DIYs we had here in the Sacramento area (Rocklin). I was also an attendee and I staked out a front row seat so that I could get a good look and good listen to everything there.

Afterwards, I critically reviewed and commented on most of the builds that were there at the meeting. I actually gave his loudspeakers a lot of praise, the fit and finish were superb, and the driver integration was outstanding. If I remember correctly he used a series crossover. Anyway the only thing missing was the bass, NO BASS, well not very much bass.

He not only took great offense at my statements, but stipulated that my bass perceptions were skewed because I only listened to Pop and Hard Rock! Unfortunately, that is not the case. I do not like unnaturally heavy bass, and I hardly ever listen to head banging Rock either. I do enjoy a wide variety of music (except for RAP). I have a lot of Jazz and women vocalists in my collection. I have a bit of Classical, Country, Motown and some Big Band too.

Anyway, he became overly emotional about it all, probably the result of his drinking too much water contaminated with female hormones.

Quoting Pete Schumacher "You'd be amazed at the levels of female hormones in the environment due to daily users of "the pill." It's not the illicit drugs that are the problem, it's the pharma stuff that can drastically affect the growth process of children. I can only imagine that boys who are tinged in trace levels of environmental estrogen, or little girls subjected to excess testosterone, would be hampered in their natural development."

Back to the subject: We then exchanged a series of emails/personal messages in which he resorted to name calling and such. However, I did thank him for teaching me the difference between a complement and a compliment. Even after all these years he still resorts to name calling. Anyway, I just get a good laugh out of it all.
                          Last edited by ; 06-14-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Though not complete, it is accurate. You really should tell the "truth" Paul, it was you who sent the majority of the "nasty-grams," not me. Remember, it was you who was offended, not me. I don't get so flustered at someone like you that I have to resort to name calling. I say it like I see it or hear it. My MBTI, I'm an ISTP, I See The Problem. Everyone admires your loudspeakers, even I did. Those loudspeakers that you made, they were very nice. Too bad the bass was missing though, hopefully you rectified that in future builds. A bit more BSC perhaps?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X