Statement monitor build but PE no longer carries Neo CD 3.0 but Neo x 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement monitor build but PE no longer carries Neo CD 3.0 but Neo x 1.0

So I could buy the cd 3.0 from other suppliers but I really do prefer to buy from PE. So is the neo x1.0 a replacement or would it alter the performance too much and not work with the crossover network? Does anyone know why part express stopped carrying this product when it the specified tweeter in the statements which are very popular?

The neo 3.0 is 93 bd and 7 ohm while the neo x 1.0 is 92 db and 8 ohm. Will this be noticeable. Also is the neo x 1.0 an improved design? Thanks.

Re: Statement monitor build but PE no longer carries Neo CD 3.0 but Neo x 1.0

Those are two very much different tweeters. The Neo1.0 has a much shorter ribbon and can't cross as low as the Neo3.0. The Neo1.0 is quite good, however, if used correctly. No supplier is likely to carry literally everything and PE isn't going to ban you or charge you more if you buy from another supplier! ;)
    Paul

Originally posted by Jesse055 View Post
    So I could buy the cd 3.0 from other suppliers but I really do prefer to buy from PE. So is the neo x1.0 a replacement or would it alter the performance too much and not work with the crossover network? Does anyone know why part express stopped carrying this product when it the specified tweeter in the statements which are very popular?

The neo 3.0 is 93 bd and 7 ohm while the neo x 1.0 is 92 db and 8 ohm. Will this be noticeable. Also is the neo x 1.0 an improved design? Thanks.

Comment

As far as I know, PE never carried those tweeters.
      Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
        Those are two very much different tweeters. The Neo1.0 has a much shorter ribbon and can't cross as low as the Neo3.0. The Neo1.0 is quite good, however, if used correctly. No supplier is likely to carry literally everything and PE isn't going to ban you or charge you more if you buy from another supplier! ;)
        Paul
        ok, I did not say the neo cd 1.0. I said the neo x 1.0 which is not the neo cd 1.0.

And I never said PE would charge more, instead I said I'd rather just buy from part express as my own preference. So can someone weigh in on this? Anyone used the neo x 1.0?

Comment

ok, I did not say the neo cd 1.0. I said the neo x 1.0 which is not the neo cd 1.0.

And I never said PE would charge more, instead I said I'd rather just buy from part express as my own preference. So can someone weigh in on this? Anyone used the neo x 1.0?
          They will not work without crossover mods. Meniscus Audio and Madisound both have the NeoCD 3.0's available.

Jim

Comment

It doesn't matter whether it's the X or not, both Neo 1.0 tweeters have shorter ribbons than a 3.0 and they simply can't play as low in frequency, thus making them unsuitable as substitutes for a Neo 3.0. As to my other comments, CHILL OUT; they were made in jest, which is why I ended with a smiley face.
            Paul

Comment

The specs are very different from the original tweeter, whether it's the Neo CD 1.0 or the Neo X 1.0. It won't work without a XO re-design. I had to get mine from Meniscus...they're great folks to deal with, excellent customer service and they really support the DIY speaker builders. I've been getting parts/supplies from them for decades. I got everything from PE for my Monitor build except those tweeters and two of the large midrange XO caps. Meniscus even called me to make sure I got the tweeters. Here's mine with Tiger Maple on the baffle and Walnut on the sides, back and top/bottom. These compete with and/or exceed the SQ of many of the higher-end offerings I auditioned in the two years before I built them, at a few of the Seattle-area's higher-end audio stores. Well, I collaborated on the cabinet build with a forum member bungalow_ed, who lives near me. My disability has been getting worse and I needed some help with the cabinet build. Ed donated some leftover walnut veneer and we had a great time doing the build-up together and listening to all the other DIY designs Ed's built. With all my experience working in a local audio/stereo store, I've heard many speakers from $100/pr. to 6-figure/pr. speakers. Ed had a pair of the full-size Statements that we listened to extensively, and I'm confident the full-size and the Monitors can stand up next to a lot of the esoteric designs.

Let us know how you're progressing and if you need any help or advice.

John A.
              "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
              Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
              Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
              Pioneer TX-9500 II
              Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
              Statement Monitors
              Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
              Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
              Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Working...
              X