• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TDA7492 amp board

Anyone see this new product?

http://www.parts-express.com/tda7492...2x50w--320-606
    Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Re: New TDA7492 amp board

I saw that, it looks like an inexpensive option. But the spec sheet for the TDA7492 shows 50w+50w at 10% THD for 6ohms.
    More like 25-30W.
    My Statement monitors
    My Piccolatas
    My LM3886 amp

Comment

32 x 2 @ 1% THD so should be able to get a clean 25 x 2 or 50 x 1 the price is good I think i will get one or two to play with.

Comment

They are cheap enough so I went ahead and ordered one. I also ordered one of these amp boards to play with:

http://www.parts-express.com/2x50w-t...board--320-301

I only need 15 wpc of clean power. I have a few different SMPS bricks in the 19 - 24 Vdc and 2.5 - 5 Amp range.
        Craig

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Cool, they might be a good inexpensive option for a small active system
          My Statement monitors
          My Piccolatas
          My LM3886 amp

Comment

I agree!
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              They are cheap enough so I went ahead and ordered one. I also ordered one of these amp boards to play with:

http://www.parts-express.com/2x50w-t...board--320-301
              Can this Sure 2x50w operate in BTL (mono) mode? I initially really liked first one because it can do BTL - perfect for a project I have in mind.

I've been looking at them recently, but the 10% distortion at the "rated" power is scaring me away...
              SEC DIY 2014 Speaker Show is on! *November 8th*
              Wanna win a set of Newform Research R30 ribbons?!?!
              SEC DIY 2014 Thread

SEC DIY 2012 Speaker Show
              SEC DIY 2011 Speaker Show

Comment

I LOVE this kit and the whole series of amplifiers from TI!
                http://www.parts-express.com/2x15w-c...a3122--320-322
                That amop is on desk duty and I have one of these http://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3116-cla...-board-50w-50w running my mains in my home theater.
                I just came across this one: http://www.parts-express.com/2x15w-c...a3122--320-322
                and it looks great. A lot of the Breeze audio is pretty nice. Hard to beat for $50.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                  Looks like the input and output filter capacitors are film type, which should result in much lower distortion than the Sure TDA729X boards. This amp looks very promising for cost-sensitive moderate-output applications.
                  Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Hi Neil. Thanks for jumping in. My application only requires a moderate output so I'm hoping this cheaper board will be up to the task. I'm going to test the two boards with my different power supplies and will return either or both if they don't sound good in my application. I just did a double take on the dimensions of the 320-606. Wow that is a small module.
                    Craig

Comment

Well the two amp modules showed up today. The Sure board looks like what I was expecting. It'll probably sound pretty good up to a certain volume. I'm curious to see if the fan runs all the time and how noisy/quiet it is. The other board is rediculously tiny. The ad copy that says "massive heatsink" is funny!

Ill report back on how they perform when I get a chance to hook them up.
                      Craig

Comment

Does anyone think this board would be enough power for a voxel sub? I have one sitting around without anything to power it.

Comment

Question about BTL mono. Does this mean it will sum a stereo signal into mono or can it only accept a single channel input?

Comment

Originally posted by kbzx35 View Post
                            Question about BTL mono. Does this mean it will sum a stereo signal into mono or can it only accept a single channel input?
                            At this point I really don't know. The amp board came with zero documentation and there isn't even any silk screening on the pcb to indicate which input and output terminals are positive or negative. I'm trying to keep an open mind about this board until I get a chance to actually listen to it, run it for a while and see how warm it gets, etc. If it produces a clean 15W + 15W and doesn't run really hot I'll be happy. Heck, it's smaller than a 3" x 3" Post-it note

I powered up the Sure TDA7492 amp late last night. The fan comes on immediately. Luckily it is very quiet.
                            Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig! Will stay in tune for the review

Comment

Working...
                              X