90 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 90 degrees

I have some of those Wolfcraft corner clamps, and I'm not really happy with them. The jaws aren't true in the vertical, so when I was trying to use them, the boards wanted to tilt in toward the inside corner of the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesj View Post
      I have some of those Wolfcraft corner clamps, and I'm not really happy with them. The jaws aren't true in the vertical, so when I was trying to use them, the boards wanted to tilt in toward the inside corner of the joint.
      Interesting, I hadn't noticed that with mine. Then again I bought eight of them to glue up the whole box at one time, so yeah, YMMV.
      Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

I suspect a true 90.00 degree angle is the devil's angle and that nature naturally resists it when joining wood to prevent summoning the lumber demons or something. I don't know but everything I build ends up being ever so slightly out of square which ends up adding up to a few fractions of an inch somewhere on a long cabinet. Fortunately nobody really seems to notice but me. :( I've got a couple of those corner clamps too. I like the idea of that Wood Working Magazine jig tho. I might try to make a few of those!

Comment

I’ve never found a need for corner clamps. I try to lay out on a flat surface or the MDF back to prevent twist then check diagonals. I’ve got a long bar clamp to shorten the long diagonal then measure the short diagonal until it’s between the short and long measurements.
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
            I suspect a true 90.00 degree angle is the devil's angle and that nature naturally resists it when joining wood to prevent summoning the lumber demons or something.
            Sounds about right.
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Working...
            X