DIY Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Music

Well we didn't write it, but my daughter asked me to accompany her on Franz Strauss' Nocturno for horn and piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Oq...EGahhGD45HrAaw

A bit rough in spots (for both of us) and longish. But she does a pretty good job and I'm proud, so thought I would share...

Re: DIY Music

Very nice team effort. You have reason to be proud. A lot of practice goes into that!

Comment

+ 10 on the performance. :applause:

Thought Paul K and I were the minority classical music nuts in this group. :D

George
      "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Comment

Count me in the minority of classical music nuts. Yes, indeed, you have a right to be proud. These are the moments that are the most precious between Father and Daughter (or son for that matter). Hey, you're no slouch yourself on the accompaniment. You know you're way around the keyboard! Wow, I thought the embouchure on the trumpet was tough. The mouthpiece on her horn looks like a thimble. Tell her to keep up the good work, and way to go, Dad!

Comment

Jon,
          That is wonderful. I am not sure I have many more words but I can only picture sharing such love for music with my daughter in the same fashion. You have a lot to be very proud of my friend. She is simply lovely, too. Keep up the amazing work. I give the two of you a gold star for that one .

Comment

Guys, thanks for the kind words. From what I can tell, the french horn is a really difficult instrument to master, and I'm impressed with what she has done with it thus far. Up until a few years ago, she was an excellent pianist as well, but dropped it to focus on the horn...and I suspect do her own thing. I'm good with that. ;)

No thundering herd, but I believe there a few other classical music enthusiasts here. But regardless of genre, it is love of music that draws all of us to this hobby.

Cheers,
            - John

Comment

Bravo!! That is a tough instrument to master. I met Barry Tuckwell once after a performance and he admitted the same thing. Like the rest have said you should be very proud.

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                Guys, thanks for the kind words. From what I can tell, the french horn is a really difficult instrument to master, and I'm impressed with what she has done with it thus far. Up until a few years ago, she was an excellent pianist as well, but dropped it to focus on the horn...and I suspect do her own thing. I'm good with that. ;)

No thundering herd, but I believe there a few other classical music enthusiasts here. But regardless of genre, it is love of music that draws all of us to this hobby.

Cheers,
                - John
                John, you should be a very proud and happy dad that you got to share
                this moment with your daughter. If you have an audio copy of it you could bring to the
                DIY NY/NJ 2014 event to demo your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                  If you have an audio copy of it you could bring to the DIY NY/NJ 2014 event to demo your project.
                  Hehe, and subject everyone to my speakers and my music playing? Too much to ask! I do wonder about the quality of the audio. The video was taken with a digital SLR in hi-def but then crunched down significantly for upload to the web.

Mike, I am coming to the NY DIY, and may bring other interesting music. I still remember the excellent professional recording made by your sister played at the NE DIY.

Comment

What a terrific father/daughter moment! Very happy for you John!

Comment

Working...
                    X