Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Continuums - the saga continues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Continuums - the saga continues

    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

  • #2
    Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

    Those look absolutely fantastic. Glad it all worked out!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

      They are beautiful cabinets. I have heard so many good things about the sound I am sure they are fantastic.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

        Wow, those are some nice looking cabinets!!! I actually like the woofer front mounted, but I'm sure others will totally disagree.

        +1...Bamboo Cabinets from Erich, I think I would have to invest in a pair of those.
        Paul

        The "SB's" build page
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

          Beautiful Jeff, just beautiful... a classy little speaker and I hope to get a chance to hear them someday. I have been intrigued by your continuum design for a few years now. I am a big fan of the Harbeth lineup and history and house sound of that speaker line, and I have always thought your Continuum was a real contender with the P3esr and if I am not mistaken you have hinted at some real confidence in your design given any opportunity to go head to head. I would not be surprised at all if you have managed to humble that commercial product with this design.

          As I press forward with my own over the top project (The Javelin), I have to live with stuff like this hanging over my head, thanks a bunch, I have enough self-esteem problems as it is As good as your speakers are, I hope my wife never hears them and then adds up the value for dollar between this kit and my own project...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

            Darn I thought you were going to add a woofer :( :D I did sim the ac130f1 in my current 3way project but I didn't feel like trying to modify the baffle and I got the current mid to play nice. The AC would be very easy to work into a three way for anyone who would care to try it. It can be easily shaped with second order high/low pass electrical.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

              Originally posted by killa View Post
              Darn I thought you were going to add a woofer :( :D I did sim the ac130f1 in my current 3way project but I didn't feel like trying to modify the baffle and I got the current mid to play nice. The AC would be very easy to work into a three way for anyone who would care to try it. It can be easily shaped with second order high/low pass electrical.
              I have been asked for a three-way Continuum or three-way Kairos more than anything else. One of these days I will have to do this. It's just a matter of coming up with the time to work on it. There always seems to be a backlog of projects to complete.
              Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                Jeff,

                Great looking Speaker

                I love the sound of ls3/5a, I owned several of them (from diff't manufacturer) and also the harbeth p3.

                I am hoping that someday you'll design a compact big woofer 3 way with bbc sound gen

                in the mean time , Is there any plan for something like ls3/5a Bass extender?

                best regards

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                  Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                  I have been asked for a three-way Continuum or three-way Kairos more than anything else. One of these days I will have to do this. It's just a matter of coming up with the time to work on it. There always seems to be a backlog of projects to complete.
                  I was just kidding. While it would be cool I would rather try to build my own sometime in the future. I am curious if you have any thought as to what woofer might work well? I have found that finding three drivers that work well together is much harder than finding two that work together.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                    now that is what a speaker is suppose to look like. great job on the cabs.
                    craigk

                    " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                      Awesome cabs. I prefer the front mount as well.
                      My Build Thread's
                      Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                        I dig it. I suppose the bamboo can be finished with some sort of oil, such as Danish oil or Tru-Oil? I think that would make the grain stand out and would look fabulous.
                        1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Parasound Zdac > Denon AVR-5700 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs powered by Crown XLS2500
                        2: Computer > Schiit Übered Bifrost > Emotiva RCA Control Freak > Crown XLS 1500 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | Velodyne F-1000B Sub

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                          Originally posted by johnhenry View Post
                          Jeff,

                          Great looking Speaker

                          I love the sound of ls3/5a, I owned several of them (from diff't manufacturer) and also the harbeth p3.

                          I am hoping that someday you'll design a compact big woofer 3 way with bbc sound gen

                          in the mean time , Is there any plan for something like ls3/5a Bass extender?

                          best regards
                          Yes, I have given that some thought. I did make the Continuum subwoofer already, but I have also thought about a passive low frequency unit that can double as a stand. I have considered that CSS SDX-10 for a driver, and if it looks like it might have availability issues then maybe an SB29NRX or a Scanspeak woofer.
                          Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                            Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                            Yes, I have given that some thought. I did make the Continuum subwoofer already, but I have also thought about a passive low frequency unit that can double as a stand. I have considered that CSS SDX-10 for a driver, and if it looks like it might have availability issues then maybe an SB29NRX or a Scanspeak woofer.
                            any chance of a MTM version ?
                            craigk

                            " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Continuums - the saga continues

                              Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                              Yes, I have given that some thought. I did make the Continuum subwoofer already, ....
                              Is a Continuum sub available as a kit?

                              Like others, I would also love to see a 3-way version of the Continuum and Kairo.
                              1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Parasound Zdac > Denon AVR-5700 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs powered by Crown XLS2500
                              2: Computer > Schiit Übered Bifrost > Emotiva RCA Control Freak > Crown XLS 1500 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | Velodyne F-1000B Sub

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X