No announcement yet.

OT: This Week, I'm a Sexagenarian...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: This Week, I'm a Sexagenarian...

Happy Birthday bud!
    You came here 2 years before me. My wife and I came the same year. I hope to be as successful as you in all your adventures as I approach my never_gonna_reach_it retirement. Oh no, does that mean you're my idol? Oh crap. I'm depressed now.

P.S. a special thanks to Mr. Bagby also. His software and info got me into this hobby and allowed me to be somewhat skilled enough to satisfyingly design my own enjoyment.
    Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
    Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
    Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
    Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
    Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club. :applause:
      Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
      DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
      Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Congratulations Hong on living life to its fullest - you reap what you sow. I thank you for being such a great participant here at TT and I always enjoy your posts and builds. Cheers!
        Brad
        piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
          Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever???
          I need to remember this more often. I think being born a WASP, I tend to take these things for granted. And that's not good.

Happy Birthday, Hong!
          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn:
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever???

Happy Birthday Hong and thanks for the reminder. I wish my kids had an appreciation
            for how lucky they are.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. Believe it or not, I too, have to constantly remind myself how lucky I am and to stop whining when encountering regular daily life issues. It's easier being negative than having positive thoughts, so I have to constantly redirect my focus. As long as we have time to post on this forum and think of new projects, how bad can life be? Just the simple act of opening the pantry or the refrigerator, then staring at the food and saying "I don't know what to eat today" should say it all.

Having said that, what is the deal with the thinning hair??? Who came up with the idea of high levels of testosterone being the cause of hair loss??? So you can't have a good s-e-x life with a full head of hair??? Hmmm, makes me think of the guys with a full head of hair like Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny: you all must suck in bed. Hahahahahaha.
              Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
              ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
              LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
              Sonata Soundbar Project
              The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Also over 60 with Diabetes. I do consider myself very lucky to have been born in the U.S. I can only imagine the effort needed to emigrate to a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
                  Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. Believe it or not, I too, have to constantly remind myself how lucky I am and to stop whining when encountering regular daily life issues. It's easier being negative than having positive thoughts, so I have to constantly redirect my focus. As long as we have time to post on this forum and think of new projects, how bad can life be? Just the simple act of opening the pantry or the refrigerator, then staring at the food and saying "I don't know what to eat today" should say it all.

Having said that, what is the deal with the thinning hair??? Who came up with the idea of high levels of testosterone being the cause of hair loss??? So you can't have a good s-e-x life with a full head of hair??? Hmmm, makes me think of the guys with a full head of hair like Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny: you all must suck in bed. Hahahahahaha.
                  For the avoidance of doubt, Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny have never been and will never be in bed together.

That thought is yucky.

I am sensing hair envy.

Johhny promised to show up to our next get together with his hair braided in corn rows.
                  Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Happy Birthday! I never would have guessed your age. I'm sure those of us on the forum who have never met all draw up mental images of each other. In my mind you were in your late 20s!

Comment

I am mentally in my 20s... Thanks!

Originally posted by marscoast View Post
                      Happy Birthday! I never would have guessed your age. I'm sure those of us on the forum who have never met all draw up mental images of each other. In my mind you were in your late 20s!
                      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                      Sonata Soundbar Project
                      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Hahaha Hong you're grossing everyone out. Must be a trait of senility. lol
                        Originally posted by Beau View Post
                        For the avoidance of doubt, Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny have never been and will never be in bed together.

That thought is yucky.

I am sensing hair envy.

Johhny promised to show up to our next get together with his hair braided in corn rows.

Comment

If we're sexigenarians, does that mean I get to have ***? Type II diabetes here too for nearly 32 years. I got to attend the U of SEA Class of '74. USAF. Gringos go to Mexico and think they see "The Third World Poverty". Man, the rice pot was THE most precious possession there was! Happy birthday and glad you made it into the World. A couple of times I thought I'd stay in Never-Never-Land.

Comment

Happy Birthday , I always feel fortunate to have been born and grow up in North America.

BTW , Check out the Stan Ridgway song " AARP Is Out To Get Me "
                            Last edited by kevinr; 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Happy birthday from one old fart to another. I hit 64 last month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oldfart.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1161563

Ron
                              C-Note Iron Driver Build
                              The Lydias
                              The Cherry π's
                              The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                              My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

One trick is to associate with those older than you - who will tell you "you're not old,,,yet"
                                "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                                “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                                "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Working...
                                X