Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hongrn
    replied
    Re: OT: This Week, I'm a Sexagenarian...

I am mentally in my 20s... Thanks!

Originally posted by marscoast View Post
    Happy Birthday! I never would have guessed your age. I'm sure those of us on the forum who have never met all draw up mental images of each other. In my mind you were in your late 20s!

Leave a comment:

• marscoast
    replied

Happy Birthday! I never would have guessed your age. I'm sure those of us on the forum who have never met all draw up mental images of each other. In my mind you were in your late 20s!

Leave a comment:

• Beau
    replied

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
    Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. Believe it or not, I too, have to constantly remind myself how lucky I am and to stop whining when encountering regular daily life issues. It's easier being negative than having positive thoughts, so I have to constantly redirect my focus. As long as we have time to post on this forum and think of new projects, how bad can life be? Just the simple act of opening the pantry or the refrigerator, then staring at the food and saying "I don't know what to eat today" should say it all.

Having said that, what is the deal with the thinning hair??? Who came up with the idea of high levels of testosterone being the cause of hair loss??? So you can't have a good s-e-x life with a full head of hair??? Hmmm, makes me think of the guys with a full head of hair like Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny: you all must suck in bed. Hahahahahaha.
    For the avoidance of doubt, Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny have never been and will never be in bed together.

That thought is yucky.

I am sensing hair envy.

Johhny promised to show up to our next get together with his hair braided in corn rows.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

Also over 60 with Diabetes. I do consider myself very lucky to have been born in the U.S. I can only imagine the effort needed to emigrate to a new home.

Leave a comment:

• hongrn
    replied

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. Believe it or not, I too, have to constantly remind myself how lucky I am and to stop whining when encountering regular daily life issues. It's easier being negative than having positive thoughts, so I have to constantly redirect my focus. As long as we have time to post on this forum and think of new projects, how bad can life be? Just the simple act of opening the pantry or the refrigerator, then staring at the food and saying "I don't know what to eat today" should say it all.

Having said that, what is the deal with the thinning hair??? Who came up with the idea of high levels of testosterone being the cause of hair loss??? So you can't have a good s-e-x life with a full head of hair??? Hmmm, makes me think of the guys with a full head of hair like Jon, Shawn, Beau and Johnny: you all must suck in bed. Hahahahahaha.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Basel
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn:
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever???

Happy Birthday Hong and thanks for the reminder. I wish my kids had an appreciation
    for how lucky they are.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever???
    I need to remember this more often. I think being born a WASP, I tend to take these things for granted. And that's not good.

Happy Birthday, Hong!

Leave a comment:

• bmaupin
    replied

Congratulations Hong on living life to its fullest - you reap what you sow. I thank you for being such a great participant here at TT and I always enjoy your posts and builds. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club. :applause:

Leave a comment:

• jsr
    replied

Happy Birthday bud!
    You came here 2 years before me. My wife and I came the same year. I hope to be as successful as you in all your adventures as I approach my never_gonna_reach_it retirement. Oh no, does that mean you're my idol? Oh crap. I'm depressed now.

P.S. a special thanks to Mr. Bagby also. His software and info got me into this hobby and allowed me to be somewhat skilled enough to satisfyingly design my own enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• badman
    replied

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
    Happy to know you.
    Happy Birthday Hong.
    Well said. I'd not have guessed 60- you're a good man Hong!

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Happy to know you.
    Happy Birthday Hong.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Wow, I am really honored, but I don't really believe deserving. It sounds like you have overcome some tremendous obstacles to achieve the American Dream - Congratulations to you! and Happy Birthday!. It's people like you who are an inspiration to me. I wish you many more wonderful years to enjoy your family and your hobby.

Leave a comment:

• LITTLEME60
    replied

A toast to you Sir. one word for all, "IMAGINE"

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X