No announcement yet.

OT: This Week, I'm a Sexagenarian...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: This Week, I'm a Sexagenarian...

Happy Birthday, Hong, but at only 60 years, you're a young whipper snapper as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, many Americans don't realize how lucky they are, and some more than others, for failing to understand what life is like in many, many other countries.
    Paul

Comment

Just like Sydney remarked above. Paul, can you email me once in a while and tell me how young I still am?
      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
      Sonata Soundbar Project
      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

That's a heck of a post and a good dose of what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
          I am mentally in my 20s... Thanks!
          You sure it's not the teens?

I do have all my hair, albeit most of it greying. But on that note, you know how guys drive big monster trucks to compensate for something? Well I drive a small car. Need to compensate for the opposite ya know?!

And I will wear corn rows to the next meet. But I never said where the corn rows would be.

Uh oh, I think I contracted a bit of Hong's knack for introducing wonderful imagery.
          Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
          Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
          Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
          Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
          Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

Hey, don't feel bad about complaining. Gratitude is great and all, but a 2 hour commute? 4 hours a day? 20 hours a week? 1000 hours a year? Walking down a donkey path in Syria is starting to look kind of pleasant.

Seriously though, congrats, and thanks for your contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by jsr View Post
              You sure it's not the teens?

I do have all my hair, albeit most of it greying. But on that note, you know how guys drive big monster trucks to compensate for something? Well I drive a small car. Need to compensate for the opposite ya know?!

And I will wear corn rows to the next meet. But I never said where the corn rows would be.
              Can you somehow incorporate blue LEDs?
              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post
                Hey, don't feel bad about complaining. Gratitude is great and all, but a 2 hour commute? 4 hours a day? 20 hours a week? 1000 hours a year? Walking down a donkey path in Syria is starting to look kind of pleasant.

Seriously though, congrats, and thanks for your contributions.
                I commute 1hr in the morning and 2.5hrs to go home. And this is an improvement from my last job. The joys of living in Los Angeles.

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                Can you somehow incorporate blue LEDs?
                I'll go full RGBs for ya! And flashing.
                Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
                Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
                Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
                Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
                Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

Man, I'm really having second thoughts on attending our next get together now...

Congrats Hong, on attaining sexygeneralist status... You're leading the way for me, as far as I'm concerned.

And to those who are surprised at his venerable age I'd say he's just immature, uh young, at heart...

And yes, thanks for a reminder even though there can be many things to whine about, (getting laid off, tenant moved out, having to listen to others *** lives falling out, etc) on the greater scale of things I've got it pretty good.

Thanks bud, many more, and I'll have to visit soon and let you browbeat me into finishing a project or two...

Jon (enjoying my 50's while I still can, no large truck required)

Comment

Originally posted by jsr View Post
                    I'll go full RGBs for ya! And flashing.
                    The lights will be great.

As to flashing us, ummm, gee, uhhh, thanks, but I am trying to cut down on my "seeing naked guys", so I'll have to decline.

Comment

Duplicate (deleted)

Comment

Working...
                      X