OT: Finally the elections are over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Finally the elections are over...

and we won't be seeing any political TV ads and we won't be getting any political junk mail for a while. OTOH we're now seeing lots of TV ads for supplemental Medicare insurance and getting lots of junk mail for the same! :rolleyes: You just can't win!
    Paul

Re: OT: Finally the elections are over...

Don't forget we are also already getting christmas ads and junk mail. Christmas ads started before halloween!

Comment

I can't wait to see the democratic prez work with the republican congress and end gridlock once and for all. I'm as hopeful for our country as for my Lakers to win the championship this year. Yeah!
      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
      Sonata Soundbar Project
      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

But there are Spartans and Buckeyes an the Tube!

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
          But there are Spartans and Buckeyes an the Tube!
          Just wait for tomorrow's NFL games. Betcha all the political ads are replaced with Bo$e ads ...
          Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

You guys don't live in Iowa. With one of the bigger senate races in the country we were seeing some programs with 100% political ads. I think I saw that more than $60,000,000 was spent by outside groups. We will also see presidential candidates non stop getting ready for 2016.

Anyone want to start a pool on when the moderator will shut this thread down? :D:D:D

Ron
            C-Note Iron Driver Build
            The Lydias
            The Cherry π's
            The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
            My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
              and we won't be seeing any political TV ads and we won't be getting any political junk mail for a while. OTOH we're now seeing lots of TV ads for supplemental Medicare insurance and getting lots of junk mail for the same! :rolleyes: You just can't win!
              Paul
              Now,now, guys,,,,, there is no such thing as "Junk Mail"! It keeps people like me working. I'm a printer, and although I don't print that stuff, someone who needs a job does!

Be careful what you wish for. Mark

Comment

Hey Paul,

Congrats to the Buckeyes and we'll see you in Indy!

Marty

(that'll keep the moderators happy!)

Comment

Thanks, Marty. That was a super win for the Buckeyes last night and all their fans couldn't be happier. If the Buckeyes can win out, including the Big Ten Championship, I sure hope that playoff selection committee will finally realize the loss to VT was an aberration, not at all indicative of the Buckeyes' true abilities. Minnesota won't be a pushover next week, either.
                  Paul

Hey Paul,

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
                    I can't wait to see the democratic prez work with the republican congress and end gridlock once and for all.
                    Yeah, right. All the Republicans can seem to talk about is repealing the Affordable Care act, as if there's no such thing as the veto. Gridlock isn't going away. The only winners in this election were the TV stations, cashing the advertising $$$ checks.
                    www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                      Yeah, right. All the Republicans can seem to talk about is repealing the Affordable Care act, as if there's no such thing as the veto. Gridlock isn't going away. The only winners in this election were the TV stations, cashing the advertising $$$ checks.
                      Exactly. The rest of us will just get to see the same circus.
                      http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I spent most of the fall of 2010 testing software in NJ, and had to put up with election ads for NJ, PA and DE. Then in January of 2011 went to Sydney to test the same software on the real hardware for eleven weeks, and had to put up with election ads for New South Wales. At least there all ads have to stop 48 hours before the election.
                        It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Marty, Buckeye fans will be rooting for your Badgers to beat Nebraska, you know.
                          Paul

Hey Paul,

Marty

Comment

Hong, the Lakers are far more likely to become NBA Champs long before President Arrogant gets off his throne and compromises on anything with anybody, unless, of course, Valerie Jarrett tells him to do so! Like you, I root for the Lakers (in the West) but they for sure won't do much of anything this year and probably not next year, then Obama will thankfully be gone.
                            Paul

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
                            I can't wait to see the democratic prez work with the republican congress and end gridlock once and for all. I'm as hopeful for our country as for my Lakers to win the championship this year. Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mattk View Post
                              I spent most of the fall of 2010 testing software in NJ, and had to put up with election ads for NJ, PA and DE. Then in January of 2011 went to Sydney to test the same software on the real hardware for eleven weeks, and had to put up with election ads for New South Wales. At least there all ads have to stop 48 hours before the election.
                              The Australians, like most advanced democracies, also have a sensibly limited campaigning season. Not the expensive and pointless perpetual campaign we have here.

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                              Hong, the Lakers are far more likely to become NBA Champs long before President Arrogant gets off his throne and compromises on anything with anybody, ***
                              Get out of the AM shock-talk radio echo chamber and join the real world. (And why is the name "Valerie Jarrett" such a dog-whistle? I guess the mention is a good way to fuse racism and mysogyny. Every leader in the history of the universe has had trusted advisers in key roles. But the fact that this president's Karl Rove figure is a black woman really seems to bother a lot of people.)
                              --
                              "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

Working...
                              X