Songs You Forgot You Loved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs You Forgot You Loved

There's been some good music threads here lately. I love it when I'm driving and something I forgot about comes on the radio. Here's a thread for those songs; post some songs you forgot how much you loved. Any genre, any musician... just music that popped up and struck a positive nerve with you.

For instance, I forgot about this one until I heard it recently. Great song....

"The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
    "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Re: Songs You Forgot You Loved

One of my all-time favorite songs

Comment

The full version of In A Gadda Da Vida, my bro in law asked me about it after a Simpson's episode he watched and I played it for him, Man, I forgot how I thought those solos where so awesome when I was younger( I know there are better ones, but as one of the first ones I heard as a kid listening to my dads records, I thought they were kick-A$$!)

Comment

~99%
        Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
        Make me a poster of an old rodeo
        Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
        To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go

Comment

Blue Oyster Cult - Shooting Shark

| there is no spoon... |

Comment

Originally posted by jcrane82 View Post
            One of my all-time favorite songs... Pumpkins 1979
            Wasn't a huge Pumpkins fan but I had a good friend that LOVED them. Every time I hear that song I think of the Breeders, Cannonball for some reason. Same ish era, I was about 18 and invincible when those songs came out.

Originally posted by manu et deo View Post
            The full version of In A Gadda Da Vida, my bro in law asked me about it after a Simpson's episode he watched and I played it for him, Man, I forgot how I thought those solos where so awesome when I was younger( I know there are better ones, but as one of the first ones I heard as a kid listening to my dads records, I thought they were kick-A$$!)
            Ever heard Frigid Pink's version of House of the Rising Sun?

"The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk

Comment

Originally posted by bobbarkto View Post
              Peter Tosh, Stepping Razor
              Good stuff Bob! You ever dig into the origins of reggae? I didn't know reggae was actually spawned from ska, I thought ska was newer. I love some of the older Jimmy Cliff tunes too, like The Harder They Come. Here's a good one from The Specials...

Comment

No I haven't, thanks for sharing!
                and as a sidebar, he asked me this during our pre-Christmas celebration last weekend, which my wife's uncle then started talking about a 20+ minute version of Bluebird he saw at the Long Beach arena and this bootleg he use to have with the long version on it. We ending up spending the whole night listening and chatting about music and he even introduced me to a band I never heard of before "Juicy Lucy"

Comment

The Specials.. Another one of the forgotten ones!
                  A Message To You Rudy was a favorite. Very good recording on the soundtrack from Gross Point Blank (a great st imo).

Never got "into" ska/reggae so much as enjoyed the heck out of the music.
                  There were a few bars and clubs around here in the 70's and early 80's, lots of great performers came through. Some good times.

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
                  Good stuff Bob! You ever dig into the origins of reggae? I didn't know reggae was actually spawned from ska, I thought ska was newer. I love some of the older Jimmy Cliff tunes too, like The Harder They Come. Here's a good one from The Specials...
                  ~99%
                  Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
                  Make me a poster of an old rodeo
                  Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
                  To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go

Comment

I love it when that happens. One song that always seems to do that to me is "In Bloom" by Nirvana. It's a really simple song, but there's just something infectious about that melody. The video is fun, too.

Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                      I love it when that happens. One song that always seems to do that to me is "In Bloom" by Nirvana. It's a really simple song, but there's just something infectious about that melody. The video is fun, too.
                      Good call and agreed. Another one along those same lines for me is Dragula. Great video; I love the hotrod hearse, I've always loved classic horror films, and it's just an awesome song to dial up REALLY LOUD...

Comment

1,000 thumbs up for Dragula by Rob Zombie. Hellbilly Deluxe was an awesome album. My favorite from that album was Superbeast.

Along that same timeline is this one:

Comment

craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

My Statement monitors
                            My Piccolatas
                            My LM3886 amp

Comment

another favorite that you do not hear much.
                              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                              X