Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Kit via PE.... "Solstice", Nice looking one too, Jeff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Kit via PE.... "Solstice", Nice looking one too, Jeff!

It's out of stock now…

Comment

Originally posted by lct0221 View Post
      It's out of stock now…
      Hopefully, they should be back soon.
      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Hopefully the price will not go up even the driver sale was till the end of the month!

Just noticed the "Solstice" is back in stock!!
        Last edited by woodsart; 01-07-2015, 08:58 PM.
        -Robert

Comment

You guys are killing me! This is just too darn easy to spend money on! Ordering the Kairos kit next week though, come he double toothpicks or high water. THEN these for the living room!

Comment

Originally posted by speedle View Post
            You guys are killing me! This is just too darn easy to spend money on! Ordering the Kairos kit next week though, come he double toothpicks or high water. THEN these for the living room!
            You will not be sorry Mr. Speedle. I am on the brink of ordering the Solstice....just giving this purchase a lot of thought as these are a chunk of change for sure! Finding great speakers with great bass, clean prestige highs, reasonably priced without a sub. I don't know why I am having such a hard time making a decision. Except I have run out of room. Well almost!!😼
            -Robert

Comment

Okay, so seeing as this is a 2-way design and not a 2.5-way, I'm wondering. I am 90% sure you could use this design as an MTM for improved polar response without changing the crossover.
              However, you WOULD have to completely redesign the enclosure, and it would be taller at this point as well. The MLTL design would obviously have to be changed. But in theory, that would be slightly more optimal, yes?
              -Dan
              Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

I just read this other thread and from Jeff's reply I'd intuit that it would be a small difference indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by djkest View Post
                  Okay, so seeing as this is a 2-way design and not a 2.5-way, I'm wondering. I am 90% sure you could use this design as an MTM for improved polar response without changing the crossover.
                  However, you WOULD have to completely redesign the enclosure, and it would be taller at this point as well. The MLTL design would obviously have to be changed. But in theory, that would be slightly more optimal, yes?
                  When we say the MTM would have improved polar response, we really mean that it will have symmetrical vertical lobing. This by itself does not necessarily mean it is better. If I can design an MMT to produce lobing that has very little difference between sitting and standing positions and can aim the null toward the floor, it may be better than symmetrical lobing. In addition, the MMT also gives me the ideal height for the tweeter and the right cabinet length for the MLTL, and an aesthetically pleasing appearance as well. The low crossover point makes a lot of the potential crossover issues a non-issue. When it was all said and done, like my Testarossa's, I felt the MMT configuration offered the best set of design compromises and made for a better speaker.

Jeff
                  Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by woodsart View Post
                    Just noticed the "Solstice" is back in stock!!
                    That's a funky thing about the way kits are handled. The parts for the kit may all be in stock, but only a small number of packages may be assembled together and placed into stock at a time (and since this is a new kit we're starting sort of small on quantities in inventory), so the web site will often say "Hurry up, only 2 left!" even though we can make up as many kits as needed to fill back orders. No need to freak out - the kit will be back in stock and shipping often within a day.
                    Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
                    Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Those Morel drivers have some of the best motor and chassis composition and construction you can ask for, along with a neo magnet. It's no wonder they sound amazing.

And thanks for the reply Jeff.
                      -Dan
                      Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

For those who did not receive a kit manual, it is now posted on the products page - next to the cross over schematic. I will be starting mine this weekend!

Comment

Will there be a center and an surround for this set up? I just ordered a set of these and will be looking to complete an 5.1 with this set up. I really like this design can not wait to get started on this!

Comment

Jeff,

I've been using your software for many years. But projects/products like this mean I don't have to do the work! You are awesome, dude!

Greg

Comment

I just finished building a pair of Solstice. It took a little longer because a buddy bought the TriTrix kit, so we built both at the same time. I will figure how to post pic's and do a "Build post". We listened to the TriTrix first for a couple day's. Very nice! Very good for vocals and very clean and clear. A little weak in the bottom end, but no bad bass. A simple sub woofer with drivers of the same line up would be all that is needed. The Solstice are awesome!! More than expected. All smiles. No need for a sub woofer. Now time to pick out a nice laminate. These are worth the effort.

Comment

Any more impressions that you could offer, re: your Solstice build? I think you might be the first person to have reported completing a build of the design.

Comment

Working...
                                X