OT The Patriots are at it again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT The Patriots are at it again....

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12202450&city=boston&src=desktop&ran d=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com"%7D

What do you guys think? Will the punishment be heftier the second time around? Its easy to assume that if its the second time in 10 years they have been caught, its certainly not only the second time theyce cheated in such a blatant manner.

I am a Colts fan, but I know this didnt carry much weight in the blowout of the Colts in the AFC Championship.

Re: OT The Patriots are at it again....

my only question is if the refs checked and weighed the ***** before the game and at half time , why didn't they correct it then ?

in my mind it made no difference , the Colts got their azz's handed to them ...
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

I acknowledged it didnt make the difference in the game, but cheating is still cheating. They weighed the ***** at halftime because of an interception of a ball that felt flat (in the second quarter). Thats when the investigation began. Couldnt do much at the game, but if you recall, play was held up so they could swap out the ball in the third quarter.

Cheating is still cheating. Win by one point or one hundred, its still cheating. Only Patriots fans are saying it shouldnt matter because they would have won anyway. Kind of like saying "I murdered a terminally ill cancer patient, but it shouldnt matter because he was gonna die anyway." Doesnt work like that. In a close game it may have made the difference.

Comment

I would eliminate the Patriots from the SB, as simple as that.

Comment

I think the Patriots need a stern penalty. Maybe a loss of their second round pick next year.

Comment

It didn't change the outcome of the Colts game, but it may have in the Baltimore game (the Ravens think so). I just listened to a panel of former QB's all agree about how much easier it is to take the snap, grip, throw and catch the ball when it is wet or cold if it is underinflated. Since the offense supplies their own ***** and 11 out of 12 were low it does appear to point a finger.
            And if I hear one more media report refer to weight and weighing the b a l l s I'm going to scream. Are they really that ignorant? Have they never heard of pressure?
            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by jcrane82 View Post
              I think the Patriots need a stern penalty. Maybe a loss of their second round pick next year.
              They'll get this and a fine.
              Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                my only question is if the refs checked and weighed the ***** before the game and at half time , why didn't they correct it then ?
                The refs also handle the ball before and after each and every play.
                play was held up so they could swap out the ball in the third quarter.
                Play was held up after a kick off. The ball used for kicking isn't the same. Because of the heavy rain at that point it took them a few minutes to get a dry ball to the line to use after the kick off.

MODs: Can someone turn off that stupid word censor that substitutes ***** for the use of the plural form of ball? Really.
                www.billfitzmaurice.com
                www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

With it being the second time, I would call for Belichick suspension. A fine? A draft pick? You could give belichick 54 third graders and he would make them a winning team. Take him from the game for cheating and maybe he will learn his lesson this time.

Sean Payton was suspended for a year for his role in Bountygate. A 2-4 game suspension for this doesnt seem extreme to me.

Comment

heh heh...*****. bwahahahaha!!

Comment

How about a 1 game suspension for Belichick......starting now. Make him miss the Super Bowl and he will probably reconsider cheating in the future.

Comment

Oh no. I can't even get away from this press on PETT.
                        Go Pats! We'll win at softball or hardball!

If the facts do line up to cheating, I'll go so far as to hope Craft fires Bill B so us fans can enjoy victory for the 1st time since spygate.

Comment

Yeah, given the pats long record of cheating, I say a very stiff penalty is in order. Perhaps a playoff game, Colts Ravens, to determine who goes to the SB instead of the Pats? For me, every Pats win has had an asterisk for some time, the ineligible receiver "gamesmanship" earlier in the playoffs was not the intended utilization of the rules, just another sneaky move by the Pats.

Comment

Do both teams not use the same ball?

Edit - apparently not - according to the article each team uses a ball it supplies while that team is on offense.

To me, it seems odd that a common ball is not used.
                            Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

I just CAN NOT believe more stupid $hit with the Patriots. When will it stop??? Its a disgrace and shows such an utter disrespect for game. Cheating??? What is this... the 3rd grade???

Comment

Working...
                              X