Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Hey friend's. I stumbled across this recording on YouTube and tracked down the source. NBC News Sports had their killa' digital recording gear going for the big game. Katy had previously recorded much of the stuff, but DID sing in a sorta' "Wow, the mechanical Elephant is really freaking me out way too much." The song "Eye of the Tiger (AKA Roar) was recorded in FLAC lossless. The real amount of bass to push a Stadium? Who knows. I do know you can look it up and be absolutly floored by the sound quality. It doesn't hurt either that she is awfully easy on the eyes.
    This could well be the NEW reference track for blowin' up stuff! All the best, Mike

Re: Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

I recorded superbowl and fast forwarded through all the cr*p.

Comment

Re: Have you guys actually listned(sp) to this?
      No Sir:
      To be honest - I could not take her seriously - especially after she shot whipped cream from her mammary glands :rolleyes:
      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
      “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
        Re: Have you guys actually listned(sp) to this?
        No Sir:
        To be honest - I could not take her seriously - especially after she shot whipped cream from her mammary glands :rolleyes:
        Talk about being overinflated.....
        NLA

Comment

Filled with Nitrous Oxide?
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Did you listen to her perform at the Grammys? Absolutely remarkable. I could not believe how much talent she actually has vocally or why she would submit herself to such a degrading act for the super bowl. That performance at the super bowl seemed designed kids who at too young to watch the Disney channel. At the Grammys she was jaw dropping.
            John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

Joke all you want, the FLAC is what I'm talking about not Katy's natural attributes. Don't you guys even know what FLAC is? Guess not. All the best, Mike

Comment

Regardless of the medium or presentation; it becomes hard to appreciate something one doesn't care for.
                Not a big fan of Pop Music since the 60's, music just seems formulaic, and lyrics base and banal.
                Just dismiss this as the tastes of an old geezer. (wheez)

Comment

Originally posted by LongHorn64 View Post
                  Hey friend's. I stumbled across this recording on YouTube and tracked down the source. NBC News Sports had their killa' digital recording gear going for the big game. Katy had previously recorded much of the stuff, but DID sing in a sorta' "Wow, the mechanical Elephant is really freaking me out way too much." The song "Eye of the Tiger (AKA Roar) was recorded in FLAC lossless. The real amount of bass to push a Stadium? Who knows. I do know you can look it up and be absolutly floored by the sound quality. It doesn't hurt either that she is awfully easy on the eyes.
                  This could well be the NEW reference track for blowin' up stuff! All the best, Mike
                  What recording? got a link?
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

JohnK said "At the Grammys she was jaw dropping." I agree. Why in the world do some folks just want to tear down something. Katy is quite religious, and knows Russell Wilsons wife since like her College days, hence the #3 SeaHawks connection. She's the best on the planet right now, except for the other girls like Chrissie Hines, Liz Phair, you know what I mean. Stop bashing for a moment while you're watching one of the best live performances you'll ever see on TV. Or the FLAC recording.....All the best, Mike

Comment

Joke all you want, the FLAC is what I'm talking about not Katy's natural attributes. Don't you guys even know what FLAC is? Guess not. All the best, Mike
                      Provide the Link then we can "Roar".....
                      NLA

Comment

What is FLAC exactly? Care to explain to this ignoramus? To tell you the truth, I'm still listening to cassette tapes.

Don't you guys even know what FLAC is? Guess not.
                        Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                        ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                        LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                        Sonata Soundbar Project
                        The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec: https://xiph.org/flac/

Comment

Is it OK to think she's pretty with all her makeup on, but to not like her music?

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                              Is it OK to think she's pretty with all her makeup on, but to not like her music?
                              And to not consider her music to be useful as personal reference recordings.

Comment

Working...
                              X