Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

He died at age 27.....I was always amazed at what he accomplished in his brief time on earth.
    NLA

Comment

And an indelible impact: I remember where i was when I saw the first album; listening to him on the "Psychedelic Circus" on Chicago Radio.
      And all those guitarists that wanted his sound...
      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
      “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

He certainly struck fear in the hearts of many of the other great guitarists of that era....including Eric Clapton.
        NLA

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
          Dang, that's a nice set of songs...to bad they're being compressed!
          A mains
          The Ventures
          Open Invit8tions
          RSR
          Sound Troopers
          Acorns
          DGBG's
          The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
            but I feel she needs to cover up a bit more.
            Man card revoked! :p :D

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
              Man card revoked! :p :D
              Even though I like the figure of a woman like most any other guy.
              Later,
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by johnk... View Post
                Did you listen to her perform at the Grammys? Absolutely remarkable.
                Katie Perry and Lady Gaga are both very good singers. The standout performance for me at the Grammys though was Annie Lennox with Hozier. Damn, did she show them how it's done!

Brian Steele
                www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

+1 for Annie Lennox at the Grammys.
                  C-Note Iron Driver Build
                  The Lydias
                  The Cherry π's
                  The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                  My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

I've heard better singers on America's Got Talent than I got from Katy's Grammy performance. She is a good singer. She's a great performer.
                    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Where's the link?

Where's the OP?

What's happening here?
                      "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        Is it OK to think she's pretty with all her makeup on, but to not like her music?

That actually is a really good point. On the other hand, I tried to listen for a few minutes, but not even the makeup could keep me from changing the station! :eek:

The dancing sharks were cute, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
                          Katie Perry and Lady Gaga are both very good singers. The standout performance for me at the Grammys though was Annie Lennox with Hozier. Damn, did she show them how it's done!

Strongly agree!
                          " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                          Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                          http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Man, this is the best thread I've read on here in a while. But one thing has me confused. What have the Grammys ever had to do with music?

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
                              Where's the link?

Where's the OP?

What's happening here?
                              Hey Face, I'm the original poster. While you can see the official video on YouTube, sadly NBC Sports One pulled the FLAC when they figured out the lawyers would sue them to hell. They also knew that they had something special. I have the recording, but obviously would be in trouble to just give it away. (Wink, wink. Shoot me an Email and i will GIVE; note the word GIVE, no Problemos if you don't charge admission. The copyright laws alone would take up too much time. Amazingly, it plays on my old server that still runs on XP. Cool huh? You do have to DL the codec, but it's Free and works perfect, even on older gear.

LongHorn64@comcast.net

Have fun, all the best, Mike

Comment

Aflac!!!

Originally posted by turn2 View Post
                                Man, this is the best thread I've read on here in a while. But one thing has me confused. What have the Grammys ever had to do with music?
                                haha: One artist said awards are like 'Roids - eventually we all get them.
                                "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                                “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                                "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Working...
                                X