Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Her father is a pastor after all.
    She said in multiple interviews that she, and I quote, "Sold her soul to the devil"

That puts her on my naughty list.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy2k View Post
      She said in multiple interviews that she, and I quote, "Sold her soul to the devil"

That puts her on my naughty list.
      I guess we need to define "religious"; I think that technically still qualifies.

I'm not going to lie, I like to play her song Dark Horse; that'll rattle the house off it's foundation with the right subs. But I'm not a fan of her character at all, I think it's safe to say songs like Last Friday Night aren't doing much for the morality of teenage girls.

There are plenty of interviews with Perry's father where he very blatantly explains his displeasure with his daughter's lifestyle; so to say she's religious in the context that she embraces her parent's beliefs and lifestyle is completely incorrect.
      "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
      "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
        I guess we need to define "religious"; I think that technically still qualifies.

I'm not going to lie, I like to play her song Dark Horse; that'll rattle the house off it's foundation with the right subs. But I'm not a fan of her character at all, I think it's safe to say songs like Last Friday Night aren't doing much for the morality of teenage girls.

There are plenty of interviews with Perry's father where he very blatantly explains his displeasure with his daughter's lifestyle; so to say she's religious in the context that she embraces her parent's beliefs and lifestyle is completely incorrect.
        'Teenage Dream' is another one that really puts me off. She is definitely not a good person to mentor young girls.
        'Raised religiously' is probably more accurate.

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Since I am old enough to have grand-kids and kids - but don't, my opinion about child rearing is dismissed by those who do.
          As to the usefulness of the K.P. track as a reference: Since I've not heard close and in person ( say in the studio as a recording was assembled ), I have nothing to relate it to.
          A lot of music ( particularly POP ) features heavy use of multi-tracking and FX such as harmoniziers and the infamous AUTO-Tune.
          So it can be a totally artificial construct.
          I tend/prefer to use acoustic instruments, especially IF I have heard the performer close-up, and have a recording of the performance, because of a familiar reference.
          Opinion: Many a tune should have remained instrumental rather than have insipid lyrics. I try to listen to modern acts, usually with the close captioning on to read lyrics - but they read on a grade school level and lack clever songwriting.
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I think she looks about as fake as her recorded vocals sound.
            Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

She's enough to make you question Western culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                A lot of music ( particularly POP ) features heavy use of multi-tracking and FX such as harmoniziers and the infamous AUTO-Tune.
                So it can be a totally artificial construct.
                I tend/prefer to use acoustic instruments, especially IF I have heard the performer close-up, and have a recording of the performance, because of a familiar reference.
                Opinion: Many a tune should have remained instrumental rather than have insipid lyrics. I try to listen to modern acts, usually with the close captioning on to read lyrics - but they read on a grade school level and lack clever songwriting.
                I agree, but I keep looking and it also depends on how familiar I am with the music. The problem with synthesized music is you don't really have a reference to know exactly what it should sound like, but if you grew up with it it's not as much of an issue. I grew up with YAZ (or Yazoo) and Depeche Mode so I know what their music should sound like. I just ordered a Parov Stelar cd, so I'll see how that is. His music is different, but there are also some real instruments as well, it's not all synthesized. Daft Punk has some really good stuff too.
                "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk

Comment

Yup, I was heavy into music synthesis, so can appreciate this. Back in the 70's it was obligatory for stereo stores to play the final synth drop on "Lucky Man". It helps if you actually saw them.
                  Working with bands ( running FOH ) it helps to build a frame of reference to allow you to replicate the instruments - ONLY louder
                  "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post

i don't know much about Katie's music , but she is a smoking hot tart ....
                    That song was COOL way back when.. I LOVE that song..
                    ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      . She is definitely not a good person to mentor young girls.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      Name one pop star that is :eek: This is why children have parents ;)

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        She's enough to make you question Western culture.
                        Lol! If that makes you question western culture you need to come out from under that rock. There are far more disturbing things than boobies.

Comment

Yup, I was heavy into music synthesis, so can appreciate this. Back in the 70's it was obligatory for stereo stores to play the final synth drop on "Lucky Man". It helps if you actually saw them.
                          Working with bands ( running FOH ) it helps to build a frame of reference to allow you to replicate the instruments - ONLY louder
                          Speaking of older synthesized... listening to Peter Schilling right now

Comment

Listen to some real music.

https://pro.beatport.com/release/swi...on-buck/373928

Comment

King Crimson?
                              "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Emerson Lake and Palmer
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	elp-elp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1164330
                                However I am a big fan of Fripp and K.C. ever since I first heard "21st Century" debuted on BBC shortwave.
                                Saw him and them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X