Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Originally posted by killa View Post
    Lol! If that makes you question western culture you need to come out from under that rock. There are far more disturbing things than boobies.
    If you really want to question western culture check out Die Antwoord's video for Baby's On Fire.
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    I couldn't get the link to play. YouTube link?
    "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
    "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

No, it's a music download site with free samples. The album is a weird old synth music album of Buck Owens music called "Switched on Buck". Still works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
        If you really want to question western culture check out Die Antwoord's video for Baby's On Fire.
        I thought it was hilarious. Does South African count as western culture?

You are lucky you couldn't get that link to play ;)

Comment

Name one pop star that is :eek: This is why children have parents ;)
          Not disagreeing with you there either.
          Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I couldn't get the link to play. YouTube link?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM
            Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
            DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
            Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious. Does South African count as western culture?

You are lucky you couldn't get that link to play ;)
              I wondered that too, but I think we can at least blame American pop culture for that lovely video.
              "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk

Comment

I'm one of those "just because you can do something - doesn't mean you should" kinda guys.
                With freedom comes responsibility.
                "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  Best on the planet? Nah- Sara Bareilles smokes her in talent- and she also writes her own songs.Wolf
                  Have to agree with this. Also, Ann Wilson, even in her 60's, can put almost every current female pop singer to shame.
                  Dan N.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                    I'm one of those "just because you can do something - doesn't mean you should" kinda guys.
                    With freedom comes responsibility.
                    Like^^

Comment

Yeah, they are just... out there. They have another video I can't think of at the moment that is really bizarre and creepy(I fink you Freeky?). South Africa is kind of unique. It's like a Dutch / Australian mashup.
                      -Dan
                      Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

I am going to see Die Antwoord in March!!!

What does that say about me then???

FATTY BOOM BOOM, that is a crazy video

Comment

Originally posted by hipcheck View Post
                          I am going to see Die Antwoord in March!!!

What does that say about me then???
                          I fink ur freeky! That would be a lot of fun. I would have liked to see some of the earlier stuff from before they were Die Antwoord. The Watkin Tudur Jones or Max Normal stuff.

Comment

I'm still laughing at that PWR RYD!

John A.
                            "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                            Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                            Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                            Pioneer TX-9500 II
                            Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                            Statement Monitors
                            Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                            Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                            Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

I first knew them as max Normal TV!

Still good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
                                Have to agree with this. Also, Ann Wilson, even in her 60's, can put almost every current female pop singer to shame.

Definitely Ann Wilson. I saw them at the Paramount Theater in Seattle and the sheer power of her voice was awe-inspiring. Even back in the 70s when Heart did an outdoor venue in the NW, same incredible talent. It seems she's lost nothing in the vocal department. I vote for Ann Wilson as Best On The Planet...few can even come close.

John A.
                                "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                                Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                                Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                                Pioneer TX-9500 II
                                Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                                Statement Monitors
                                Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                                Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                                Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Working...
                                X