Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you guys actually listned to this? Katy Perry at the Superbowl.

Originally posted by hipcheck View Post

FATTY BOOM BOOM, that is a crazy video
    That video and song is basically a big FU to interscope records. The blond is suppose to be Lady Gaga.If you look at the graffiti on one of the walls it has pics of artists associated with interscope.

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
      What is FLAC exactly? Care to explain to this ignoramus? To tell you the truth, I'm still listening to cassette tapes.

Yeah, I'm a total dunce. I just got a new 8-track for my car...

John A.
      "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
      Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
      Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
      Pioneer TX-9500 II
      Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
      Statement Monitors
      Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
      Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
      Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

I first knew them as max Normal TV!

Still good stuff.
        It's funny, if you listen to the lyrics of Max Normal and Die Antwoord they basically tell the story of Watkins and how he changed directions and started Die antwoord.

Comment

Max Normal TV, Total F*ck up is the song he predicts the change to Die Antwoord. It is so funny that they just changes styles whenever they wanted.

Comment

Max Normal TV, Total F*ck up is the song he predicts the change to Die Antwoord. It is so funny that they just changes styles whenever they wanted.
            Yep and then on Fok julle naaiers he explains how he changed to be "ugly" and why he did it. Hilarious! It is right there and nobody seems to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
              ...Hilarious! It is right there and nobody seems to get it.
              Yup. Possible you're confusing "get it" with "care"?

Comment

Originally posted by turn2 View Post
                Yup. Possible you're confusing "get it" with "care"?
                OK i'll correct my post. People who listen to them that don't rip on other peoples music don't seem to get it :p I don't like Katie's music but i'm not going to be an *** about it.

Comment

Love both those Die Antwoord videos. Check them out if you haven't seen them. They are interesting to say the least. and I sense there is an honesty behind them that makes them work. Yolanda (Yolandi?) is in the Chappie movie I think.

Comment

Guys!! This thread is starting to sound like another forum...one that is silly bickering all the time!

((hint................S.H.)

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                      OK i'll correct my post. People who listen to them that don't rip on other peoples music don't seem to get it :p I don't like Katie's music but i'm not going to be an *** about it.
                      ...and I'll say I don't get why repetitive loops, autotune, and cheesy drivelous music is appealing, AS WELL AS not getting why strong vulgarity from another country mimicking probable western culture in a genre of bass and sizzle by a squeaky mouse and weird guy.... is appealing.

BUT- I listen to some weird looking stuff to the masses as well- just not this particular sort of weird. I appreciate that it's out there for those that like it, but I don't see the enjoyment in it.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

It's as if the talent/success connection has been broken.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                          It's as if the talent/success connection has been broken.

I think that happened after Big Band fell out of popularity.
                          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Watch this Paul, you'll feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ryR4oZO4p8

Comment

I like Die Antwoord for the novelty of it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them in concert or buy their music. It's so bizarre that I can't turn away, like a car-wreck...

The song "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry drives me nuts because somehow she took a phrase with an actual meaning and made a song that has nothing to do with that meaning.
                              -Dan
                              Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

Originally posted by djkest View Post
                                The song "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry drives me nuts because somehow she took a phrase with an actual meaning and made a song that has nothing to do with that meaning.
                                Yeah but... that bass . Doesn't that pretty much sum up every pop song these days?
                                "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                                "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Working...
                                X