Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Your system is not complete without one of these...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your system is not complete without one of these...

Ha!!! What a crock!!!

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

Re: Your system is not complete without one of these...

Sir, that is quite funny. If you read the whole thing, the author talks about interaction between your gear, well yeah, if you mount your disc player physically ON TOP of the speaker. These are the same type of folks that like Vibrapod Isolators and little wooden blocks to keep your wires off the floor (my own favorite is the little wooden blocks.) Thanks for the first good belly laugh of the day. Now I just have to clean up the Coffee that spilled all over as I read this. This could well turn into a great "Snake Oil" thread! All the best, Mike

Comment

I guess it makes as much sense as most audiophile tweaks. Probably works about as well, too. Gotta give them credit for some spiffy drawings and pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo; that's class work.

Francis
      Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roundsound View Post
        That site is well known for being a source of snake oil. The only thing more unbelievable than the piffle that they spew is the fact that some people actually believe it.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Gotta get rid of the "inconspicuous noise".

Comment

I don't know, guys. I mean, they proved photographically that this thing works. It's hard to argue with reasoning like that.

Francis
            Francis

Comment

Great, more nonsense to blow my heard earned money on! So many problems I didn't know I had until I read about it on this site. We need to get this technology in the hands of recording studios. The pros there must not be aware, all their gear is just in a steel rack with no isolation pads or anything!

Now does anyone know if this will interfere with my wiggly chocolate sticks across the room?
              "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
              exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Think of the sonic nirvana achieved with TWO of them..mind blowing..

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                  Great, more nonsense to blow my heard earned money on! So many problems I didn't know I had until I read about it on this site. We need to get this technology in the hands of recording studios. The pros there must not be aware, all their gear is just in a steel rack with no isolation pads or anything!

Now does anyone know if this will interfere with my wiggly chocolate sticks across the room?
                  I'd turn the wiggly sticks at right angles to the Ambient Field Conditioner, otherwise you might end up with an undesired quantum field resonance.

Francis
                  Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
                    I guess it makes as much sense as most audiophile tweaks. Probably works about as well, too. Gotta give them credit for some spiffy drawings and pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo; that's class work.

Francis
                    Sometimes I wonder if ads this spiffy are by bored ad executives or by someone trying to move up in an ad agency by trying to prove that they too can get people to buy things as useful as pet rocks.

Stuff like this would have been a good side story on Madmen.

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
                      I'd turn the wiggly sticks at right angles to the Ambient Field Conditioner, otherwise you might end up with an undesired quantum field resonance.

Francis
                      Very true, perhaps the wiggly sticks will be beneficial, such as the recently posted quantum purifier..

Comment

Said it's discontinued, bet the government is using it for national insecurity.
                        Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
                        DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                        Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tomgardner View Post
                          Gotta get rid of the "inconspicuous noise".
                          what?
                          sorry, I couldn't hear you through all the inaudible noise...
                          Free & Free-form simulator/designer for Passive Crossovers
                          SynergyCalc 5: design spreadsheet for Wooden horns and DIY Synergy Waveguides
                          Super easy and cheap to make high performance sound diffusers

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                            That site is well known for being a source of snake oil. The only thing more unbelievable than the piffle that they spew is the fact that some people actually believe it.
                            The graph and charts look legit.

Comment

That box was discontinued and replaced by cables.
                              http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-series-p-213.html
                              My Statement monitors
                              My Piccolatas
                              My LM3886 amp

Comment

Working...
                              X