No announcement yet.

OT. Wild game hunting is BIG business!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT. Wild game hunting is BIG business!

Originally posted by Bear64 View Post
    This thread started as a complaint about using modern tools for increasing your odds of success as not being "sporting" and it decended to hunters are unethical idiots murdering meat. As a life long hunter I take offense to that. cherry pick your story about bad hunters if you want but its not the norm.

Ive crossed paths with non-hunters all over this country and the its the same conversation. People who dont hunt not knowing anything about hunting, making irrational hate speech based on there own ignorance.
    Me thinks some have reading comprehension issues and/or react emotionally without logic. If you read my posts, I state that I fully support hunting if done skillfully and ethically.
    "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

This idea that farm animals are treated inhumanely is also overrated. I serves no purpose for a farmer to abuse his animals, its there life blood and only cuts into the ability to make a living. Its rare that this happens. A chicken thats raised in a cage knows no other life there for he can not miss what he never had. They are not sitting there sulking and dreaming of a distant cousin who roams the open range freely. The idea that we should not eat meat because a few idiots in life behave badly is pathological. Animals are nothing like humans. They eat and breed. thats it. some are desighned for the sole purpose of being food for others including humans.

Comment

Me thinks some have reading comprehension issues and/or react emotionally without logic. If you read my posts, I state that I fully support hunting if done skillfully and ethically.
        As long as its meeting your idea of "skillfull and ethically" (a non hunter) will be ok.

Comment

As long as its meeting your idea of "skillfull and ethically" (a non hunter) will be ok.
          Twisting words for the sake of argument? No thanks. Have at it.
          ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Define skillfull and ethical for me?

Comment

I'm not arguing with you. If you don't understand my intent, okay. I won't argue with you. Good grief... you're like my ex-wife... bitching all the time just to fight and try to control. Enough already.
              ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
                +10000000000000

I recently found a nice buck on my property... dead from a gut-shot. It was a complete waste of a life and no telling how long it suffered before it finally died. Pi$$ed me off to no end.
                My wife and I just found one on our property also! I don't believe in snitching especially with today's authorities BUT this is over the line!
                ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

I'm not arguing with you. If you don't understand my intent, okay. I won't argue with you. Good grief... you're like my ex-wife... bitching all the time just to fight and try to control. Enough already.
                  Iam not arguing with you. This is a talk forum were people discuss a topic. If you make silly comments that dont make sense your bound to get called out. Whats the point of commenting if your not interested in the discussion?

Comment

Back to topic, Big business has definitely taken advantage of unsportsmanlike sportsmen IMO. Some guys just have to have everything new, the latest, greatest. They play right in to the hands of marketing guru's! You can go hunting very reasonably or you can spend $20,000.dollars. It's just like audio! LOL.
                    ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

sounds like you need to take this issue up with your wife and not take out your anger on some one just making a sensible comment.
                      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

So if
                        you don't hunt you can't possibly have an educated viewpoint? I read nothing in Tin Ears posts that in anyway you should consider
                        anti-hunting. And to say there is not animal cruelty in the modern factory style farming, well I respectfuly disagree about that. It
                        is about profit, not talking about the normal family farm here. So just because the animal knows nothing else during its life does
                        not mean it is not cruelty.

Comment

Skillful - One shot, maybe two. Had guys brag to me about unloading their clip on a deer. Or, yeah ha-ha I shot two of it's legs off before it went down.
                          Ethical - If you take a shot and the deer doesn't go down, better check the best you possibly can for signs of blood and start tracking.

Comment

Back to topic, Big business has definitely taken advantage of unsportsmanlike sportsmen IMO. Some guys just have to have everything new, the latest, greatest. They play right in to the hands of marketing guru's! You can go hunting very reasonably or you can spend $20,000.dollars. It's just like audio! LOL.
                            Its true, its a big business. I wouldnt say they take advantage of people. Were lucky to live in a society were we can make a living out of the life styles of are choose. That is what America is all about. You dont need tons of crap to hunt and i dont do it. Its up to the comsumer to decide what the need and wont. If you can afford it why does anyone care. Not spending money doesnt make you ethical. Profit is not a sin. we all profit some how. some are just better at it than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewmiester View Post
                              Skillful - One shot, maybe two. Had guys brag to me about unloading their clip on a deer. Or, yeah ha-ha I shot two of it's legs off before it went down.
                              Ethical - If you take a shot and the deer doesn't go down, better check the best you possibly can for signs of blood and start tracking.
                              That is horrible. Most of the men I know hunt, and I have never heard a story like that. I probably wouldn't associate with them if they did. I'm not a big animal rights person, but to go out of your way to be cruel is not cool to say the least. To brag about it is even worse.
                              Chris

Goofing around since 2000.

Comment

So if
                                you don't hunt you can't possibly have an educated viewpoint? I read nothing in Tin Ears posts that in anyway you should consider
                                anti-hunting. And to say there is not animal cruelty in the modern factory style farming, well I respectfuly disagree about that. It
                                is about profit, not talking about the normal family farm here. So just because the animal knows nothing else during its life does
                                not mean it is not cruelty.
                                My point exactly. some comments are not based on an educated view but rather rhetoric. Somebody mentioned the word "legislate" and if you know anything about anti hunters and anti meat people, they are very much into banning things based on there "feelings". No one believes there is no animal cruelty going on (me included) but 99% of farms are not engaging in such behavior. Corporate farms are still run by families who lease the land back from the corps how own them. You cant feed billions of people with out big time farming, You cant pat a chicken on the head to make him feel good then chop its head off. That way of thinking is just about patting your self on the back to make you feel better not the chicken. its silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X