No announcement yet.

OT. Wild game hunting is BIG business!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT. Wild game hunting is BIG business!

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
    This is no different than humans. If we teach a child that 'no' is good and 'yes' is bad... is that any different? Those are just learned words.

When we paddle the behind of a child is that not using pain to teach him what's bad? If we give him a cookie for doing the right thing is that not teaching the child in the same way as rewarding a dog?

Humans use pain and fear as control. We also use pleasure as reward to control. That's basic parenting... and animals do the very same thing with their offspring.

Bear, you're losing your own argument.
    Are you kidding me? Humans learn language not sounds, Humans learn concepts not tricks. Humans no the concept of right and wrong, animals do not.

Whay is that so hard to understand

Comment

Originally posted by Bear64 View Post
      I live in farm country, ive worked on farms, Ive seen "factory farming" up close. Theres nothing wrong with it. Those animals know no difference between a confinment building and fenced pin. Mostly because the cant miss what they dont know. You cant produce quality animals in a hell hole.
      You see a few politically motivated videos showing a few a holes and your mind runs wild. Its insane
      A starving child in Africa doesn't know any other life. I think you've made your point rather clear, and I disagree with it 100%.

What political motivating video's have I seen?

Comment

Are you kidding me? Humans learn language not sounds, Humans learn concepts not tricks. Humans no the concept of right and wrong, animals do not.

Whay is that so hard to understand
        I can't speak for all animals, but dogs can learn right and wrong. If they couldn't they would never be house broken and most likely, never domesticated. They also show guilt when they do something they know they shouldn't. They have fear when they grow old. I don't know where you get your ideology or knowledge about animals, but for someone who claims to know, you don't seem to know anything. Dogs are inventive (invent new games), learn the meaning of hundreds of words at least, some dogs can mimic speech and like birds, it's not just pure stupid mimicking. They can make associations and actually learn the meaning. It's also been proven that dolphins have a language and even give each other names. Just because you don't understand animal language and understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Studying animal intelligence seems to be a rather young science. What people are finding out, is they were completely wrong about animal intelligence.

It sounds like you were taught by someone else that farm animals have no feelings and are stupid, etc. If you were taught anything else, or learned differently, could you still do your job?

Comment

Originally posted by generic View Post
          A starving child in Africa doesn't know any other life. I think you've made your point rather clear, and I disagree with it 100%.

What political motivating video's have I seen?
          what does a child in africa have anything to do with the style of farming in america? what point do you think iam trying to make? You disagree with feeding humans all over the world? Why are you obsesed with finding a bad guy in all this, why cant you see the good in american farming when the feed half the worlds starving population? Sustainable has been working out real well in africa has'nt it? Do you think they choose to be vegans? Do you think they even care?

Comment

Originally posted by generic View Post
            I can't speak for all animals, but dogs can learn right and wrong. If they couldn't they would never be house broken and most likely, never domesticated. They also show guilt when they do something they know they shouldn't. They have fear when they grow old. I don't know where you get your ideology or knowledge about animals, but for someone who claims to know, you don't seem to know anything. Dogs are inventive (invent new games), learn the meaning of hundreds of words at least, some dogs can mimic speech and like birds, it's not just pure stupid mimicking. They can make associations and actually learn the meaning. It's also been proven that dolphins have a language and even give each other names. Just because you don't understand animal language and understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Studying animal intelligence seems to be a rather young science. What people are finding out, is they were completely wrong about animal intelligence.

It sounds like you were taught by someone else that farm animals have no feelings and are stupid, etc. If you were taught anything else, or learned differently, could you still do your job?
            pure insanity

Comment

what does a child in africa have anything to do with the style of farming in america? what point do you think iam trying to make? You disagree with feeding humans all over the world? Why are you obsesed with finding a bad guy in all this, why cant you see the good in american farming when the feed half the worlds starving population? Sustainable has been working out real well in africa has'nt it? Do you think they choose to be vegans? Do you think they even care?
              The exact same point that you made about a farm animal not knowing about any other life. I thought it was extremely obvious. Bear, I'm going to block you. You seem to be making rather crazy statements that have been disproved by modern science and observations of animals. It's one thing to not know, but you seem to just enjoy arguing. A game I will not partake in with you.

Comment

Sociopathy has no borders between species.
                "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Disney movies are not science. You should try Nemo, the part were the shark becomes a vegan and chooses to not eat meat anymore. Iam sure you will warm your feelings there.

Comment

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Comment

• Re: OT. Wild game hunting is BIG business!

Disney movies are not science. You should try Nemo, the part were the shark becomes a vegan and chooses to not eat meat anymore. Iam sure you will warm your feelings there.
                      Hey Doctor Phil, you seem to believe all
                      animals have the same brain capability as jellyfish. Elephants, Orca's, Apes and many others have complex family structures that
                      make your points hogwash. Please tell me you don't own a pet. So you do not think an animal in a cage all the time would not be
                      any different than one that is not? Dogs that are confined to constant time in a cage usually have behavior issues. My dog read
                      your posts and he thinks your misguided.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                        Hey Doctor Phil, you seem to believe all
                        animals have the same brain capability as jellyfish. Elephants, Orca's, Apes and many others have complex family structures that
                        make your points hogwash. Please tell me you don't own a pet. So you do not think an animal in a cage all the time would not be
                        any different than one that is not? Dogs that are confined to constant time in a cage usually have behavior issues. My dog read
                        your posts and he thinks your misguided.
                        you obviously havent read my post or lack comprehension skills.

Anyone who thinks animals come even close to the intelligence of humans is insane.
                        Anyone who cant see the difference between animals and humans is insane.
                        I asked a million question about animal behavior and none of you address them directly.
                        Question; will dolphins cure cancer some day? can your dog wright a book?

your comments are just insane

Comment

Anyone who thinks animals come even close to the intelligence of humans is insane.
                          I asked a million question about animal behavior and none of you address them directly.

You're still not getting it. Intelligence (logic) has little to do with emotions. Oh, but wait... you stated this yourself.

Some say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. I think insanity is having something shown to one's self but continuing to argue the contrary because that's what our fathers, grandfathers and uncles taught us... without ever learning to see and think for ourselves. "To not know history is to forever remain a child".
                          "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                          ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

I think that the human race, specifically the higher educated people like to push this intelligence thing to justify their life styles. let me ask you a question. I drop you off in the middle of the northern part of Australia. no guns, no water, no food, nothing but you. you will be dead within a week. I have been there several times hunting, and I can promise this. if some thing does not, eat, bite, poison you, etc, some thing will cause you to die. I do not care if you have 3 PHDs, you will not survive. the Aborigines have lived there for 40,000 years. no written language, they could care less about writing a book or curing cancer, yet they have the intelligence to survive. intelligence is measured by the society you live in and the cultural values of your people. do not be so quick to judge who and what is intelligence.
                            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I bet they could do a lot more with hands and thumbs. Dolphins communicate with each other as do a few other marine animals. I bet an animal has outsmarted quite a few of us at some point in time.

Comment

http://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_klei...gence_of_crows
                                Not as smart as humans but definitely not acting just on instinct.

Comment

Working...
                                X