Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmody's Carrera Build thread Trans-laminated (PIC HEAVY)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carmody's Carrera Build thread Trans-laminated (PIC HEAVY)

It's water based finish by Target Coatings (online only) http://targetcoatings.com/products/i...em8000-series/ it was really great to work with but you need a pretty fine tip for the gun. It dries really fast and has very little fumes (just a faint smell and the over spray). Super easy to work with. I spray 3-4 coats and blocked sanded and buffed out to gloss finish. Used all 3m products (rubbing compound, glaze, etc)
    My Build Thread's
    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Those are amazing! Nice job. I think on my next build I am going to give the trans lam a shot on the baffles...

Comment

They look great Mike! I don't think I have the patience to all that sanding though😁
        See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by careyink View Post
          Those are amazing! Nice job. I think on my next build I am going to give the trans lam a shot on the baffles...
          Definitely try it, it's pretty easy to do and it machines very nicely with the router. I actually loved the way it machined versus mdf!

Originally posted by Derekj View Post
          They look great Mike! I don't think I have the patience to all that sanding though��
          I definitely won't do a full trans-lam again it was too time consuming. I would do baffles again though.
          My Build Thread's
          Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

I like how they darkened up a bit. What else is there to say. They look freaking sweet!
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Dang, Mike... great job!

Ed Henderson

Comment

Working...
              X