Overnight Sensations done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight Sensations done!

I just finished my OS kit from PE! Thank you Mr. Carmody for the design, they do sound excellent. I have been wanting to get my feet wet building speakers and these were great. I have built many auto/home subwoofer projects as well as boomboxes using car speakers, but I wanted to learn more. Building the crossovers and applying the veneer were the most challenging parts of the project and were both firsts for me. They aren't perfect but I think they turned out nice. I will be building the Avia Trix MLTL mains and a matching sealed center next.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11022582_860920937279850_5497409475960003703_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	1191962

Re: Overnight Sensations done!

They look pretty good to me, nice work.

Comment

Nice work.
      Paul

Comment

Looking good.

That's zebrawood? Is that the reconstituted or original stuff? I just picked up some of the reconstituted stuff and It's hard for me to tell the difference.

Beautiful man!

TomZ
        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
          Looking good.

That's zebrawood? Is that the reconstituted or original stuff? I just picked up some of the reconstituted stuff and It's hard for me to tell the difference.

Beautiful man!

TomZ
          Thanks, it is original zebrawood. I really like the grain, cool looking wood.

Comment

Agreed. The veneer is beautiful. Enjoy the speakers!
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff F. View Post
              I just finished my OS kit from PE! Thank you Mr. Carmody for the design, they do sound excellent. I have been wanting to get my feet wet building speakers and these were great. I have built many auto/home subwoofer projects as well as boomboxes using car speakers, but I wanted to learn more. Building the crossovers and applying the veneer were the most challenging parts of the project and were both firsts for me. They aren't perfect but I think they turned out nice. I will be building the Avia Trix MLTL mains and a matching sealed center next.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]55844[/ATTACH]
              not sure how many zebras were killed in the making of your cabinets, but what ever the number, it was worth it. great looking stuff.
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Jeff, absolutely STUNNING! I love the Zebrawood. Then you go on to mention the Avia Trix, stop that, you're making me drool (LOL.) All the best, Mike

Comment

Working...
                X