Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Loudspeaker Drivers Measurements database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudspeaker Drivers Measurements database

please, could you suggest links where download various drivers measurements to import in simulation software ?
    i know that i must measure my own driver but my goal is to play with simulation

thank you

Re: Loudspeaker Drivers Measurements database

http://www.rjbaudio.com/Audiofiles/D...D%20files.html
    http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

thank you but i already know it:rolleyes:

Comment

MANY people have to find F/Z plots on the net, then "trace" them with some software to create .frd/.zma files. "fprawn" recently gave us a very nice trace program that works well. Many Dayton drivers have either .PDF files (wiht the graphs) OR even actual F/Z data files that you can download.

Zaphaudio ran lots of tests. You can display THOSE on screen, do a screen capture, and past into a tracing program.

There's also a big block of (somewhat older) drivers that PE sold that's been zipped. Maybe someone like Ben can give you a link to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          MANY people have to find F/Z plots on the net, then "trace" them with some software to create .frd/.zma files. "fprawn" recently gave us a very nice trace program that works well...
          The new tracing tool mentioned.

Haven't used it yet but reports of its use are excellent. I've used the old stuff (splcopy etc) fine but they're not very good, intuitive or forgiving. The new tool (from responses about it) indicate it solves all of that, and more. Good luck!
          Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
          All PR(s) Vd must at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). If all PR(s) Vd at-least double all woofer(s) Vd they'll work.
          For woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax will work.
          A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
          PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

thank you guys, bur i prefer/need txt...frd....of measured drivers;)

Comment

Originally posted by Audio4me View Post
              The only collection that I know about is here: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Refer...D_data/FRD.php

If you use the software in my signature you can open them directly from the application.

If you or anyone else has some more to contribute, I will add them.
              Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post
                The only collection that I know about is here: http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Refer...D_data/FRD.php

If you use the software in my signature you can open them directly from the application.

If you or anyone else has some more to contribute, I will add them.
                thank you!:applause:

Comment

Originally posted by Audio4me View Post
                  You get the txt/frd files by generating them from the traced graphs with the programs mentioned. They are not saying to use the picture for your sims, rather use the picture to trace in the program to generate your frd/zma files for your sims.
                  -Kerry

Comment

WHAT drivers?

Comment

WHAT drivers?
                      ALL OF THEM!!!!
                      Of course, would you settle for less?
                      My Statement monitors
                      My Piccolatas
                      My LM3886 amp

Comment

WHAT drivers?
                        Not sure you can get FRD and ZMA for this driver.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
                        X