EKIO - Loudspeaker Management Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EKIO - Loudspeaker Management Software

EKIO is a Loudspeaker Management Application. It lets you customize the sound of your loudspeaker system so it sounds and performs optimally. The app allows you to easily create a crossover for your full-range speakers and subs.

EKIO let you import speakers measurements, allowing you to achieve the finest settings, and get the best audio performance.

EKIO is a Windows application that works with an ASIO audio interface. If your sound card has no native ASIO drivers, you can still use EKIO by using ASIO4ALL. This is a generic ASIO driver that works with almost every sound card.

In short, EKIO features :
    • Input and output processing
    • Crossover configuration
    • Parametric EQ
    • Flexible routing
    • Displays EQ curves, on/off-axis frequency responses, group delay, etc
    • Drivers measurement import
    • Driver alignment delays
    • Solo/mute switches
    • Biquads export
    • Fast switching between configs
    • High resolution processing
    • 44.1 to 192kHz support
    • Optimized for low CPU usage
    • Low latency

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfyqZ_OG9c
    Last edited by gbadaut; 04-27-2015, 07:14 PM.

Re: EKIO - Loudspeaker Management Software

I don't believe commercial advertising is allowed in the forum.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Looks pretty slick. Now all we need to do is DIY a program that works just like it so we don't have to spend the money :D

Comment

This is an entirely new software, and is therefore completely unknown. Its usefulness is completely related to the topics that are discussed here. This is why I take the liberty to to mention his name and add some brief information that may interest some users of this forum. Nothing more, I don't want to cause troubles.
        Best regards,

Comment

Yea, pretty neato! Seems like an alternitive to the miniDSP all the cool kids are using these days... :rolleyes:
          A mains
          The Ventures
          Open Invit8tions
          RSR
          Sound Troopers
          Acorns
          DGBG's
          The Monuments

Comment

No proper OSX version?
            --
            "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

No, sorry. Windows only.

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
                Yea, pretty neato! Seems like an alternitive to the miniDSP all the cool kids are using these days... :rolleyes:
                Not exactly. You don't have that kind of eq functionality with minidsp unless you use another program to create biquads. Not sure if REW can even work like this.

Comment

i'm curious

is the dsp process colouring the output?
                  is dsd supported or pcm only?
                  what minimum quality sound card would you suggest?

minidsp was not quite as transparent as i would hope

Comment

This actually looks pretty neat. Setup does look a bit tedious though. I think it would be nice to see something like this but offering the configuration simplicity as say what's offered by the software interface for the iNuke DSP amps. It would also be nice to have dynamic EQ and limiting as well.
                    Brian Steele
                    www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by johnhenry View Post
                      i'm curious

is dsd supported or pcm only?

minidsp was not quite as transparent as i would hope
                      Mine seems transparent enough. Perhaps it was a setup issue? Gain structure is very important with them.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                        Mine seems transparent enough. Perhaps it was a setup issue? Gain structure is very important with them.
                        What other dsp product did you own and compared to the mini dsp?

This costs more than Ultimate Equalizer 7......
                        “Never ask people about your work.”
                        ― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Comment

Originally posted by DE Focht View Post
                          What other dsp product did you own and compared to the mini dsp?

None. What does that have to do with anything? It doesn't sound colored compared with anything else I have listened to music through. Maybe the analog inputs cause some sound issues? I use a 4x10 and digital in so I don't have the AD conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by DE Focht View Post
                            I was thinking of suggesting this as well. I've been using it for quite some time, currently using it to audition some passive designs I'm playing with, roughly matching the transfer function. Of course it will also provide a perfectly flat response if desired with the click of the mouse once the desired filters are set up. Then there's the linear phase aspect for those who consider that to be an issue.

dlr
                            WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
                              I think it would be nice to see something like this but offering the configuration simplicity as say what's offered by the software interface for the iNuke DSP amps.
                              The INUKE interface is well suited to parameterize a device with 2 inputs and 2 outputs. But Ekio is intended to work with an unlimited number of inputs / outputs, so its interface must provide more flexibility. However, it has been designed to be easy to use, and to be mastered quickly.

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
                              It would also be nice to have dynamic EQ and limiting as well.
                              If enough people are interested in these features, they can be incorporated into a future release. Thank you for this proposal.

No, the software brings no coloration by itself. The quality of the result depends on the care given to the definition of the filters, the gain structure, and the use of a sufficient quality sound card.

EKIO can work with almost any sound card, from consumer-grade to professional-grade. The choice of a sound card depends on your needs and requirements. Audio interfaces used by studios and musicians are well suited because they have great sound performance, they embed all kinds of audio connectors which are easy to access, and they include native ASIO drivers. But you can use classic sound cards too, including the ones embedded in motherboards (some have really good audio performance). These cards usually have no native ASIO drivers, and will therefore be used with ASIO4ALL.
                              Last edited by gbadaut; 04-25-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X