X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IowaDIY 2015 - October 24th, Grinnell, Iowa

Originally posted by nicholas_23 View Post
    registered
    I edited my prior post to include you, Nick. See you soon.
    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
      I uploaded my music demo so I'm interested to see how this works.
      Thanks! I strongly encourage anyone capable of uploading their demo to do so, as it will both streamline the event and make it easy to make sure everyone can walk away with demos at the event. I plan on burning CDs with demo complications compilations before the event and they will be on hand to take!

*counting down the days in anticipation*
      Last edited by JasonP; 10-08-2015, 01:48 PM.
      Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
      Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
        ...I plan on burning CDs with demo complications before the event and they will be on hand to take!
        I'll guess that is a typo...
        My Statement monitors
        My Piccolatas
        My LM3886 amp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
          Thanks! I strongly encourage anyone capable of uploading their demo to do so, as it will both streamline the event and make it easy to make sure everyone can walk away with demos at the event. I plan on burning CDs with demo complications before the event and they will be on hand to take!

*counting down the days in anticipation*
          There isn't enough time in the day :(. I need to quit horsing around with crossovers every moment of every day after work and get after this.
          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1omo View Post
            I'll guess that is a typo...
            I've heard of this thing called proofreading. I might even try it sometime. :o
            Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
            Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

The swap meet table is really looking tempting. PWR RYD and DougP added more items. Check it out!!

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...2015/swapmeet/
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Just in case someone might be interested, please read Craigk's post (#6) in this thread:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-many-speakers

I hope everyone has a great time and gets to hear a bunch of great speakers in Iowa.
                Thanks,
                Paul

Comment

You will be missed, Paul.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Thanks, JR. I'm going to do my best come "heck or high water" to make it next year.
                    Paul

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                    You will be missed, Paul.

Comment

If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                      What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                      It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

We will be sending an email tonight with a link to house track. Stay tuned.
                        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

• http://www.parasound.com/a23.php
                          Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                          - Aristotle

Comment

very interested in the 545
                            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Got your name on it Lowell!

Gents:
                              As you can see from the prices I'm just trying to recoup some of my cost in them. My purpose was to get a feel for the sonic qualities of different circuit topologies, and I enjoyed repairing and refurbishing those that required it. The ones I added significant modifications to are not in this group, as I suspect no one would want an amp modded by some upstart from Nebraska, or consider that they could sound so much better than the 'stock'. Those of you who are into building amps of course know many manufacturers cut corners to control costs, and the difference a 'few extra dollars' can make.

C

If you are not going to Iowa, or have no room to haul one back, no worries. I can ship to the US. My freight costs are $40.00
                              Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                              - Aristotle

Comment

Not harping, just in case I missed it, but did anyone get an email with the test track?
                                If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                                What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                                It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Working...
                                X