Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

The Chorales - An Usher / Vifa Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Chorales - An Usher / Vifa Project

Next I'll be accused of liking rap!
    Paul

Originally posted by kbzx35 View Post
    ok I'll text you. I can bring my crown amp I just picked up. Maybe Johnnie can beg his wife to get out to. Also, everyone knows Paul K is into 90's gangster rap. Not that stuff you mentioned. lol

Comment

Awe come on Paul... your secret Beasty Boys collection doesn't count as real rap. Just not angry enough man :p

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm just joking around with Paul. He is a true gentleman and I enjoy seeing him at every diy event we both get to.
      Craig

Comment

You should ship these to me so I can take them to the greatest DIY in the Midwest!
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I toyed with the idea of razzing Paul K. by claiming he is a long time fan of Lords of acid, but see he is getting enough flak from everyone else.

Seriously though, the one event I have been to where Paul played demo music, I loved his track choices. I agree with Craig above that I look forward to seeing him at future events. We need the TL master after all!
          Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
          Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            You should ship these to me so I can take them to the greatest DIY in the Midwest!
            I would too Lowell, but they're still in their naked form, plain MDF. I just finished sealing them today, and will start sanding tomorrow, so I got a long way to go. I'm not Paul K, you know that, so I can't rely on my wood finishing skills to complete this project timely. Here I go again, picking on Paul. :D
            Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
            ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
            LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
            Sonata Soundbar Project
            The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

I think we underestimate Paul. After all, what is he doing with all that bass from the TL configuration (check out the pic on the Cavatinas)??? You can't use it with Vivaldi, and you certainly can't use it with the Mozart piano concertos. When everyone is gone, I suspect that he cranks up either disco or dance techno stuff...
              Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
              ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
              LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
              Sonata Soundbar Project
              The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

I have a version of Beethoven's 9th played on a Moog that would likely make him pass out! :D

I have to say though, when you guys said gangsta-rap, I immediately had this thought :eek:;):D:

Later,
                Wolf
                Attached Files
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  I have a version of Beethoven's 9th played on a Moog that would likely make him pass out! :D

I have to say though, when you guys said gangsta-rap, I immediately had this thought :eek:;):D:

Later,
                  Wolf
                  Perish the thought, Ben!!

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
                    I would too Lowell, but they're still in their naked form, plain MDF. I just finished sealing them today, and will start sanding tomorrow, so I got a long way to go. I'm not Paul K, you know that, so I can't rely on my wood finishing skills to complete this project timely. Here I go again, picking on Paul. :D
                    Its October 24th.
                    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Oh, no, you just had to photo shop my awful pic from this year's MWAF. :eek: Well, everyone can print it out and use it to scare away the varmints.
                      Paul

Later,
                      Wolf

Comment

The closest I get to the "music" many of you are listing is one CD of Queen's Hits I happen to have (and really like).
                        Paul

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
                        I think we underestimate Paul. After all, what is he doing with all that bass from the TL configuration (check out the pic on the Cavatinas)??? You can't use it with Vivaldi, and you certainly can't use it with the Mozart piano concertos. When everyone is gone, I suspect that he cranks up either disco or dance techno stuff...

Comment

Nah- this was a low quality affair- I used MS-Paint.
                          Glad you found it funny,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by jsr View Post
                            You can't mix Krall and Social Distortion on the same day? I do it! But maybe because I'm so far away from you guys and my ol' ball and chain won't let me leave the house for some fun but oh well, that's the story of my life.
                            Hmm...nobody got the references.
                            Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
                            Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
                            Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
                            Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
                            Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by jsr View Post
                              Hmm...nobody got the references.
                              Johnny,

Yes, yes we did. I am savoring them.

You are now my brother.

Don't Try to Drag Me Down (see what I did there?)
                              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Later,
                                Wolf

That's hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                                X