MWAF Comfort Inn hotel discount rate not honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWAF Comfort Inn hotel discount rate not honored

Just got off the phone with the folks at Comfort Inn on Sharts Road right down the street from PE and the dance studio that houses the MWAF.

I asked for the PE MWAF discount and she said that the manager "doesn't remember talking with PE about it" and only offered the discount to the "other gentleman" that booked a room there 'for his inconvenience', but she didn't think she could offer the discount to anyone else. She did say that she would give it to me however, since I asked for it, and the manager wasn't there at the time for her to ask.

FYI, the discount rate she would have offered was around $90 or so, I assume before taxes, and the call-in rate was about $145, online was about $140'ish too.

Just thought I'd mention it since the MWAF info states a discount rate with that hotel, but they don't seem to remember that discussion. Maybe the manager should have written it down?

We ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn Express behind the McDonald's around the corner (second one listed at MWAF website) for around $110 or so.

http://www.midwestaudiofest.com/spea...ompetition.php

TomZ
    Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Re: MWAF Comfort Inn hotel discount rate not honored

Thanks for posting - I ran into the same issue.

Comment

I called today and said it was for midwest audio fest and that did not ring a bell for them... I said partsexpress and they quickly remembered...

I guess a post it placed on phone for incoming calls might not be a bad reminder to have ... with the planned discounts...

Comment

It's really on sharts road? The d and **** jokes abound. Sorry just had to do it.

Comment

I made my reservation there quite some time ago and had no problem whatsoever. The person I talked to was "Sally", and the rate was $79.99 plus tax, etc. When I said I wanted the discount rate, I said this, "Parts Express Group Rate" (for that weekend).
          Paul

Comment

I mentioned the name Parts Express as well as Midwest Audio Fest, and she responded quickly, as if it were a recently discussed/thought about topic.

She knew of it and what I was asking for, but she just said that the manager probably wasn't going to honor the rate since he didn't remember the discussion with the folks at PE arranging the group rate.

I thought it sounded strange, but she told me the rate was $90 something, and if I could get a cheaper rate online, to go for it.

Also, I'm sorry if the headline sounded harsh or like I was blaming PE for the rate not being honored, I wasn't... I just wanted to let you guys and PE know about a potential issue with the room rates. I'm coming either way -- even if I have to sleep in my rented mini-van!

TomZ
            Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
              I just wanted to let you guys and PE know about a potential issue with the room rates. I'm coming either way -- even if I have to sleep in my rented mini-van!

TomZ

That one down by the river?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1167097

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                That one down by the river?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58258[/ATTACH]
                Yes, "In a van down by the river!!!!"

Awesome!

TomZ

Comment

I'll let the MWAF folks know so they can call over there. Not sure what is going on but will find out for you and post an update as soon as I hear something.

Ginger
                  Ecommerce at Parts Express

Comment

Hey everyone! Wanted you to know our MWAF staff called over there and verified that we do have a block of rooms and the rate is Single King = $79.99 or Double Queen = $84.99. The manager's name is Gary Patel should there be any issues. If you are still having problems, please email our MWAF team at staff@midwestaudiofest.com and they will get right on it.

We are not sure why someone would say that we do not have any rooms or are not giving you the best rate, but definitely make sure they know we have spoke to Gary. Hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event next weekend!
                    Ecommerce at Parts Express

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
                      I'm coming either way -- even if I have to sleep in my rented mini-van!

If you show up with a rented white van with loudspeakers in the back, some will never let you forget.

;)
                      "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                      of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                      - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                      A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                      (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
                        If you show up with a rented white van with loudspeakers in the back, some will never let you forget.

;)
                        Thanks for the reminder, I have to remember to tell enterprise that I need my minivan in any color but white!

"Hey, thanks for pulling over... You want some really nice speakers really cheap? My boss accidentally ordered too many of these for our store and he told me he doesn't want corporate to know about it... I have to sell them fast or we're in big trouble... I'll sell them to you for less than cost..."

It happened to me when I was in my early 20's. I don't know why I even pulled over, I guess I thought they needed help with directions or something, didn't buy, but mainly because I was broke.

I have a friend that actually bought a pair more recently, like 10 yrs. ago. Surprisingly, after opening them up, they had adequate crossovers in them with decent gauge copper on the coils, and the woofers at least seemed beefy looking with robust magnets. Cabinets were too thin with no bracing, though. Didn't sound bad really, I've heard way worse... Must have been trying to boost up the 'white van speaker' image or something.

TomZ

Comment

Looks like I am very close to committing to MWAF, but may need a couple of nights rest....anyone need a roommate that I can split the cost with?

I can bring my Kairos!!!! and or the Quarks!!!

Thanks, Robert
                          -Robert

Comment

Working...
                          X