Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Scan-Speak D2904/7100 vs D3004/6600

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan-Speak D2904/7100 vs D3004/6600

Does you compared them ?
    what are the differences in sound ?
    in mean in two ways and three ways

thank you
    Last edited by Audio4me; 07-15-2015, 03:16 AM.

Re: Scan-Speak D2904/7100 vs D3004/6600 vs Dynaudio Esotar

i updated with esotar...

Comment

Originally posted by Audio4me View Post
      i updated with esotar...
      The silence is deafening . . .

You're not going to get too many opinions around here for those tweeters. They are pretty much out of the considered budget range for most people here.

I've heard the 6600 and 7100 in different speaker systems. They're both very nice. I liked the Beryllium even more. That was the best Scan tweeter I've heard to date.

But the much more reasonably priced Aurum Cantus AST2560 AMT sounds better to me than even the best Scan dome or ring.

http://www.parts-express.com/aurum-c...eeter--276-440
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

thank you pete!
        yes silence is deafeting, but you broken that silence;)
        about 6600 vs 7100 i know you hear them in different condition, but you can't describe me in what they are different in sound ?
        thank you indeed

Comment

thank you pete!
          yes silence is deafeting, but you broken that silence;)
          about 6600 vs 7100 i know you hear them in different condition, but you can't describe me in what they are different in sound ?
          thank you indeed
          Both are excellent sounding drivers. How the differ in sound depends on implementation.
          "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
            Both are excellent sounding drivers. How the differ in sound depends on implementation.
            you are wrong....all drivers sound the same varing the implementation?
            however i asked if some you have tried and compared them in sound, do you understand ?
            probably no one has tried both!
            in this case i prefer silence

Comment

however i asked if some you have tried and compared them in sound, do you understand ?
              A bit rude aren't we?
              Face is probably one of the guys who has tried them all and he is correct, largest part of the resulting sound depends on how well you work the tweeter in to the system.
              You can also EQ most of the drivers and make them sound practically indistinguishable given similar polar response.
              I've heard and used number of high performing Scan tweeters and like them very much. I've also heard Esotar but don't know which one and it sounded fine to me. If you have Esotar on hands and wheeling to pay the shipping, I'll measure it for you.

Which scotch do you prefer, Lagavulin 16 or SpringBank 15? These both are very pricy and out of range for poor sobs here but the Makers46 is great! That's about what Pete said.

Comment

Does you compared them ?
                what are the differences in sound ?
                in mean in two ways and three ways

thank you
                http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/ScanSpeak-tweeters.htm
                craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                  Which scotch do you prefer, Lagavulin 16 or SpringBank 15? These both are very pricy and out of range for poor sobs here but the Makers46 is great! That's about what Pete said.
                  And some of us are drinking Benchmark bourbon
                  Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                  Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
                    And some of us are drinking Benchmark bourbon
                    I should try a bottle.

Comment

Lagavulin! Now we're talking.
                      Kenny

DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                      Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Feel free to get lost.
                        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

would have appreciated a simple answer, you probably do not know how to give

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                            I should try a bottle.
                            Fighting Cock and its big brother, Elijah Craig, are my go-to cheap bourbons.

Comment

The silence is deafening . . .

You're not going to get too many opinions around here for those tweeters. They are pretty much out of the considered budget range for most people here.

I've heard the 6600 and 7100 in different speaker systems. They're both very nice. I liked the Beryllium even more. That was the best Scan tweeter I've heard to date.

But the much more reasonably priced Aurum Cantus AST2560 AMT sounds better to me than even the best Scan dome or ring.

http://www.parts-express.com/aurum-c...eeter--276-440
                              How low can you cross that AMT Pete?
                              The Hurricanes
                              The Baronettes
                              Conneccentric
                              UX3

Comment

Working...
                              X