8" woofer suggestions.!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" woofer suggestions.!

Are there any 8" woofers, that can do approximately F3 32-35 Hz in a box of about .75 sq.ft. with an SPL of 85-87 with [email protected]??

Re: 8" woofer suggestions.!

Originally posted by kevintomb View Post
    Are there any 8" woofers, that can do approximately F3 32-35 Hz in a box of about .75 sq.ft. with an SPL of 85-87 with [email protected]??
    what is your budget ?

the SS Rev 22W can with no problem. there are also some 7 inch drivers that cold manage this too.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I was thinking around $90-100 each......

Comment

Look here http://www.parts-express.com/resourc...election-guide it'll happen with Tymphany NE225W-08 8 but not in your budget
        Caleb b

Comment

The Dayton SD215A-88 comes close but not quite for a budget driver. Like most it wants a bigger box. However in 20 liters, with some stuffing and tuned to about 37 hz you get an F3 of 37.

You can get about the same F3 from the SEAS Prestige L22RN4X/P in the same box model, but they cost 114$. Of course, you are liable to get much higher SQ from the Seas
          Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
          Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

It's only a 7" but the Usher 8945A will do what you ask. Regular price is over budget but they are the deal of the day from time to time at $99.
            Craig

Comment

Hoffman's Iron Law might get in your way on this one. You might be able to swing it if you can accept 85-87dB @ 2.83V/1m (4 ohm). If not, I think you may be bordering on physically impossible...

Dan
              The Hurricanes
              The Baronettes
              Conneccentric
              UX3

Comment

Dan makes a good point. This is likely on the edge of what is possible. Makes it fun!
                Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Cheap.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy-woofer.html

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                    It's only a 7" but the Usher 8945A will do what you ask. Regular price is over budget but they are the deal of the day from time to time at $99.
                    +1, that is the driver I was thinking of when I mentioned a 7 inch driver.
                    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

The new 8'' SB23MFCL45-4 and8 models very good but I have heard of no price yet and will be a few months out on stock. And as mentioned above the SEAS Prestige L22RN4X/P
                      ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

Originally posted by kevintomb View Post
                        What is the application, sub only or ?
                        Do you have a preference for sealed or vented - don't think it is possible sealed.
                        Do you really need 85-87 at 1W or is 2.83V at 4 ohms good enough?
                        What impedance are you looking for?

I happen to be looking at the 8945 and given that the Vas is well over 1 cu ft, closer to 1.5 there
                        is no way it is going to be F3 at 35 Hz in .75 cu ft, probably closer to -7dB.

Comment

So far the majority of the replies in this thread seem to want to make stuff fit the criteria by fudging the numbers which are of the top of their heads.
                          Caleb b

Comment

Well that response is a bit rude. Ever hear of experience? Yes some of us have it and can recall drivers, accurately that fit certain criteria. I would have mentioned the same driver as Jason on a budget. It could use more volume, but will work in those specs. How do I know? Because I happen to have 4 of them sitting here with me. And I have used them in just the same way. If not for the low sensitivity, I would have also mentioned the TB W line or Dayton RSS. Yep have and used both of those too. Please don't disrespect these you don't even know.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I was trying to make a point and inject some humor. Perhaps the Usher can make it down to an f3 of 35hz in .75cu box with stuffing, but it doesn't model that way, good room reinforcement should get you there but most f3/f6/f10 figures I see are referring to the model.
                              Caleb b

Comment

Working...
                              X