MWAF score sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWAF score sheets

So I'm guessing pretty much everyone has their score sheets by now. Any guesses as to which number the judges were? My guess,90-Jerry,69-Vance,83-Peter
    A mains
    The Ventures
    Open Invit8tions
    RSR
    Sound Troopers
    Acorns
    DGBG's
    The Monuments

Re: MWAF score sheets

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    So I'm guessing pretty much everyone has their score sheets by now. Any guesses as to which number the judges were? My guess,90-Jerry,69-Vance,83-Peter
    Not certain, but I CAN say that <$200 was TIGHT!! considering how well the Xenoliths did in the judging....

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Agreed that Jerry is 90, not sure about the others. I do get a kick out of the how different each judge hears the same speaker. I got a 4 on Sound stage/ Imaging where the other judges ranked 8 and 9.
      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

I didn't get mine. When did everyone receive theirs?

Comment

I agree, I was in the 7-8 for one and 6-7 for the other two judges. I did get some good feedback, just feel bad that it is only a 3 min demo.
          If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
          What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
          It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

It is pretty interesting to see how much the scores varied. Judge 69 scored the lowest by far on both of my designs. Judge 83 and 90 were not off by a whole lot on my two entries.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked again and it was judge 90 that scored both of my designs the lowest
            Last edited by Navy Guy; 07-22-2015, 10:12 PM.
            -Kerry

Comment

Since it was my first time, I thought I was going to get more "subjective" opinion. Such as highs were to bright, harsh or the woofer wasn't clear, or muddy. Please don't take any thing as I'm not grateful, I did get good feedback, it was just less than I was expecting.
              I guess i should have been more realistic in my expectations, with so many entries and only 3 minutes (agree with Tom) to listen. I loved the format, hated I missed my flight and had to miss Friday night, but appreciate PE having the event, thought their judging was great and certainly thought mine were no where near the top anyway.
              But feedback is what I crave, because I have no reference point, only what I like and what sounds good to me in my terrible acoustics office set-up.
              FYI, mine were #32 (SB's-brown wavy veneer bs) and #33 (RS125-dark gray paint bs), so if some of you have "thoughts", throw them out, or just PM (if you think it's too harsh for public consumption)
              Paul

The "SB's" build page
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Paul, I score both of yours the same from where I was sitting. Plus and the highs and mids and average on the bass. The T-20 sounded better than it should have. I had you above average overall. #32 had the plus finish, sapele veneer right? It would be interesting to hear where the judges ranked originality/ design.
                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Judge 83 was the lowest score I had. The other two gave me a pretty good review. 69 gave the highest total.
                  A mains
                  The Ventures
                  Open Invit8tions
                  RSR
                  Sound Troopers
                  Acorns
                  DGBG's
                  The Monuments

Comment

It would be nice to see a plot of all the scores to see where you fall in the group and how the judges ranged.
                    If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                    What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                    It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
                      It would be nice to see a plot of all the scores to see where you fall in the group and how the judges ranged.
                      +1, with an "average" for that specific category. Great idea Tom.
                      Paul

The "SB's" build page
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

A map of judge location could tell a lot about the scoring.
                        Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
                        DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                        Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
                          If everyone will send me the results I will run the statistics on the results. I think it would be interesting too
                          Last edited by craigk; 07-22-2015, 03:40 PM.
                          craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

We can just post the numbers, right? We've done it before in past years.....
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              We can just post the numbers, right? We've done it before in past years.....
                              Later,
                              Wolf
                              I don't see why not
                              -Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X