Hamster Habitat Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamster Habitat Sub

Sub'd because I love Ranger regular cab builds!

PS - got any pics of the 4 12" setup?
    See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
      I may be wrong, but the only way to do that is with an impedance sweep.
      Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      Average length of the 2 ports will be actual tuning length of both ports.

Later,
      Wolf
      Thanks guys! That is helpful for future crazy builds!!
      Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
      Man Joey!!!! I could just see you sitting around the firehouse doing curls thinking, "I am going to turn that fire pole into a port." Awesome creativity and excited to see the end result.
      Thanks Tom! I do have days I think how much I could do in the stations..... Hoping to get my bunk setup done the next two-three weeks.
      Originally posted by philthien View Post
      I cannot wait to get a report on how this turns out.

Hurry up.
      Hoping to wrap up tomorrow!!
      Originally posted by fdieck View Post
      Those hamsters are in for a nasty surprise. I hope they are wearing their hamster helmets.
      Bwhahahahaha should be exciting none the less....
      Originally posted by Deward Hastings View Post
      Why put the port tube in the box at all? Wouldn't it be easier to just run it external, behind the driver's seat, for example?
      I could have..... Idk. :p
      Originally posted by donradick View Post
      First of all -

I am in total awe, I could never attempt a design like that - ok, maybe with a nice Sketchup model, maybe.

Second, I love my TC Sounds sub, but I wish they would do a better design for breathing with that basket.
      Makes it more difficult to get your baffle correct.

Third, sorry, you're going to have to redo the PVC, one of the pipes is 1/4 inch shorter (just kidding)

Fourth, you'll probably blow the windows out of that Ranger!
      It took me some time sitting there and playing with the PVC to figure it out. It would be awesome if the windows go.
      Originally posted by robertcottiers View Post
      Shake rattle and roll....your side view mirrors will shake so much that you will have trouble seeing the cars......seriously :eek:
      That will mean I did it right :D
      Originally posted by emilime75 View Post
      That's what I was thinking.
      Originally posted by Derekj View Post
      Sub'd because I love Ranger regular cab builds!

PS - got any pics of the 4 12" setup?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439084542.624585.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	1167835
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Port side cut!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439084599.697310.jpg
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1167836

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439084610.529403.jpg
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	1167837

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439084621.914549.jpg
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	1167838
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

There is quite a bit more room behind the seats in the later trucks than my 92 had. I could barely fit one 8" behind the seat without the wife complaining about room for her feet - and she is only 5ft tall.
          See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

I had a lanzar 15" in a fiberglassed box I made then had sprayed with bedliner for $20 at the local truck shop. That was an 03 Ranger Edge reg cab, but I am 5ft tall, so I just moved me seat up one notch from normal.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Should be wrapping up the build portion tomorrow. Clean up/Duratex on tues/wed.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                Should be wrapping up the build portion tomorrow. Clean up/Duratex on tues/wed.
                I'd wrap the box in backpack cloth.
                Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Hahaha... I do you one better..... Wait and see. [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                    Hahaha... I do you one better..... Wait and see. [emoji2]
                    Excellent - the gauntlet has been thrown down.
                    Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                      Excellent - the gauntlet has been thrown down.
                      Oh absolutely. I was planning on doing it for the last build but I knew right away I didn't think that would be the last build. We'll see hwo this one sounds.

Comment

Built! Waiting for PL to dry so I can flush edges and then Duratex.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345677.623018.jpg
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	1167865

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345703.268932.jpg
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	1167866

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345722.032278.jpg
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	1167867

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345749.150170.jpg
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	1167868

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345771.077560.jpg
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	1167869

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345816.674680.jpg
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	1167870

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439345840.309095.jpg
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	1167871

Comment

I have a what I think may be a better name for this sub...

The Habitrail Sub: http://www.habitrail.com/

Could be heavy...

Kevin
                              Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
                              OS MTM's
                              Digger 8 sub
                              Overnight Sensations Center Channel
                              Sprite Build
                              Wolf's PC Speakers
                              Minions III with Voxel Sub

Comment

^^Hahahahah I knew there was an appropriate name!

Duratexed and installed! So, being the impatient person I installed it and started wanging on it immediately. Very clean subwoofer. Really surprised in that regard. Pretty sure this subwoofer is cleaner than the 13A. Love it.

There were some things I wasn't thrilled about.....it was hitting xmax quickly, unless it is the enclosure making noise, but definitely sounded mechanical. And it didn't seem....loud. It was loud just not.....my loud. So I played through about 5-10 min of music and then went and got the port extensions, which would drop the tuning from 34ish hz to 27ish hz. All of a sudden that sucka came alive!

I do wish there was a bit more xmax and a little more SPL, but it is right on par with what I was looking to achieve. And it is super clean. Mmmmmm. Lowzzzzzzzzzz...... :D

Comment

Working...
                                X