Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're an audiophile when.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're an audiophile when.......

.......you'll die of heat stroke before turning on the ceiling fan (or even the AC) because it will ruin your listening experience.

Anyone else care to share your audio insanity?
    Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.
    MiniDSP 4x10HD. ICE Power amplification and an iNuke 3000.

Sennheiser HD650's powered by TEAC amplification.

Re: You know you're an audiophile when.......

LOL I know what you mean! :D

Comment

Originally posted by marvin View Post
      LOL I know what you mean! :D
      Marvin, I'll assume by your comment that I'm not the only one! LOL! :D
      Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.

Comment

I have never turned off HVAC to listen to music. However, back in my recording studio days, this was a very common thing to do. It sucked. Even on a mild day, once you've been playing drums for an hour or more, you're going to be sweating like a pig.
        Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
        Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I was at a mall the other day and I saw a small tree with mulch around it in a perfect circle. The surrounding grass was a few inches tall and was groomed at a 45 degree angle away from the mulch. I thought to myself, nice chamfer, you know, to let the woofer breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
            I have never turned off HVAC to listen to music. However, back in my recording studio days, this was a very common thing to do. It sucked.
            The AC unit is right outside my bedroom door in the hallway. Not only can I hear the fan but it vibrates my door and I panic thinking I have a cabinet resonance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
              Marvin, I'll assume by your comment that I'm not the only one! LOL! :D
              Nothing like a silent house to listen to music.

That is also why I don't bother to improve on factory car audio. Even if it sounds great at a stop, once the vehicle is moving you have to overcome a lot of ambient noise. Modern car audio is decent anyway, I'd rather spread my mad-money elsewhere.

Comment

We had a shower curtain that had suction tabs on each end , each tab was rectangle , vertical, had two round suction cups with a small hole between the two round suction cups , MTM is what I was seeing ! is there a cure ?
                donc

Comment

Or when you have to pause or rewind any TV show or movie that's on to try and figure out what pair of speakers they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
                    Or when you have to pause or rewind any TV show or movie that's on to try and figure out what pair of speakers they have.
                    I've done that....
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by donc View Post
                      We had a shower curtain that had suction tabs on each end , each tab was rectangle , vertical, had two round suction cups with a small hole between the two round suction cups , MTM is what I was seeing ! is there a cure ?
                      donc
                      Don! I just realized what you're talking about! I've seen that.

Comment

I bet a lot of us have stopped a program to check a build. Last time for me was identifying a set of Energy towers in the show Elementary, heh.
                        Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                        Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                          I've done that....
                          Wolf
                          I knew there was absolutely no way I was the only one.

Comment

Or if you can identify by brand and name the fake speakers in the background on "The Voice "
                            donc

Comment

Would rather listen to music rather than; BBQ w/ the neighbors, go to work, take the kids to school, stop to make something to eat.....

Start thinking seriously about upgrading from home-made speaker wire to the latest and greatest pitch for the "ultimate speaker wire." Must keep wallet in pocket and buy 100 new vinyl releases....
                              If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                              ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Working...
                              X