OT: Today is our anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Today is our anniversary

My wife and I are celebrating an anniversary today. No, it's not our wedding anniversary. It's the 12th anniversary of both of us retiring!
    Paul

Re: OT: Today is our anniversary

And your probably busier now than when you were working. Congrats to both of you!
    Paul

The "SB's" build page
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Congrats Paul! I had a hell of a week at work last week, and retirement is starting to look better and better.
      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
      Sonata Soundbar Project
      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
        My wife and I are celebrating an anniversary today. No, it's not our wedding anniversary. It's the 12th anniversary of both of us retiring!
        Paul
        Paul congrats, if you don't mind me asking what proffesion/trade/occupation did you retire from ?

Comment

I have a BSEE and spent all but the first 2-3 years of my career working in the medical device field, first as a design engineer, then as the Manager/Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs (meaning getting our products approved by the FDA as well as similar regulatory agencies around the world while keeping our company and products in compliance with the various regulations). The company I started with in the medical field was acquired 6 times over approximately a 32-year span, and I was fortunate to have never experienced being let go, continuing on with the new owners, and moving to SoCal for the last 15 years of my career.
          Paul

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
          Paul congrats, if you don't mind me asking what proffesion/trade/occupation did you retire from ?

Comment

Nope, not really. I do keep occupied with all things speaker related, but I still lead a fairly leisurely life and enjoy it completely.
            Paul

Originally posted by bullittstang View Post
            And your probably busier now than when you were working. Congrats to both of you!

Comment

I hope you are financially secure when retirement rolls around and have good health to enjoy it like I do.
              Paul

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
              Congrats Paul! I had a hell of a week at work last week, and retirement is starting to look better and better.

Comment

Congratulations Paul!! Into 7 years myself and loving it. Getting a little busy though, but we must stay active, right?

Enjoy!!

Robert
                -Robert

Comment

congratulations!
                  It's a benefit of a working life (at least in some places), but a loving spouse and your health
                  are nothing other than a blessing.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                  "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                  SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                  My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

And hopefully many, many more! Rock On Paul!

Comment

You shut up with your retirement talk! :D

A good friend of mine retired a year ago.
                      He is busier than before (family, travels, house, hobby).
                      And he has trouble letting go of some of his previous work.
                      He keeps going back to help out. But he is still retired.
                      I am jealous that he has a nice pension, AND he still gets to make some money while doing something he is both good at, and enjoys while only being part time (if that).

Enjoy your well earned retirement!

Comment

Congrats on another anniversary, Paul! Keep up the good health and good DIY work.

I hope to retire sometime soon, too, just can't decide when, yet.

Comment

Thanks, Marvin. I retired about 3 years before I had planned. At the time I made that decision, I didn't like the person whom had been put in charge of my immediate boss and I didn't like the way the current management of the company was intentionally and always trying to either shortcut and ignore all of the procedures and controls I had put into place to keep our products safe and our company in compliance with all of the world-wide regulatory requirements we had to meet. The almighty dollar was the driver. My wife and I looked at our financial situation and determined we didn't need to work any longer.

And thanks to all of you. I hope I can continue for many more years pursuing this hobby and enjoying our common interest.
                          Paul

Originally posted by marvin View Post
                          Congrats on another anniversary, Paul! Keep up the good health and good DIY work.

I hope to retire sometime soon, too, just can't decide when, yet.

Comment

Congratulations on doing things right. I Will have to work............forever.
                            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Working...
                            X