Hi-fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-fly

Just got an email about Dayton's new HI-FLY audio system. http://www.parts-express.com/hi-fly-audio
    Be interesting to see the specs when they come out.
    If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
    What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
    It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Re: Hi-fly

Kind of reminds me of the LMS environment with no server.
    It would be interesting to see/hear how it compares with the Chromecast.
    My Statement monitors
    My Piccolatas
    My LM3886 amp

Comment

Wasn't expecting Dayton to be on the bleeding edge like this. This almost goes beyond Chromecast and into Sonos territory.
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

My neighbor has 2 sonus units a small one and center channel one. Its a very impressive setup. This seems like it has the same options and a good amount cheaper. Im interested to see more details about using your existing setups.
        My Build Thread's
        Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

I would love too have the signal/amp module of the wifi speaker and make my own. I am kind of excited about this. I might even get one and hack it to see what I might build out of it.
          "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
          The Roxster
          Swopes 5.0
          Acoustic Panels
          Living Room Make Over

Comment

Or you could just use the "wifi multiroom adaptor" and add an amp.

Comment

Has anyone tried these yet? I am seriously considering a few as Christmas gifts and for myself.

I currently use Gramofons and the Qualcomm AllPlay Jukebox to group them or play individually. In theory, and when they work, they're fantastic since I mainly use Spotify and the Gramofons are Spotify Connect devices. However, they're not very stable and fall off the network semi frequently.

PS PE, please consider a digital output in a future revision. There are many with nice, legacy systems which include digital inputs and would rather use the DAC of their choice as opposed to whatever is in the WiFly box.

Comment

I would love something similar to Sonos in the way of a soundbar and sub and smaller bookshelf style speakers. It would be a perfect setup for my mother in law without the Sonos cost.

Comment

I've been using a Hi-Fly home system with 4 WFA (Wi-Fi Audio) Adapters in my home for over a year now. They're pretty good and a lot less expensive than other home wi-fi streaming audio solutions. They WFA Adapter has just had a firmware upgrade distributed! It seems to help the reliability of the system when it's in synchronized mode, but now the Hi-Fly App has some problems with Pandora station list access. If your station list extends beyond the bottom of the Android device screen you can't scroll down to the bottom of the list...as soon as you

Comment

Working...
                  X