Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Florida get together ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida get together ....

just throwing this out here , planning something small for mid January ... as of now it's me , mannye +1 and i'm hoping Jbrunner ... i've not seen to many from the sunshine state here and want to show off my Paper Towers and the RS180P/28F surrounds . would also love to hear others builds if your interested and can come ... also this time of year i can set up snorkeling with manatees . it will be over a weekend and there is a Motel almost across the street from me ...

***Edit - i'm on the Nature Coast in very small town just north of Crystal River ...
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Re: Florida get together ....

Hi! I barely can claim DIY skills but as I live < 1 hour from you (Spring Hill) I would love to attend. I am more active at other boards, but I could present a talk and photos of some of my "perpetrations" as I like to call them, the dark side of DIY if you like How do I stay advised on time, date for your shindig? Thanks.

Comment

you can follow this thread , i will update it ... no worries , i dont have many skills either with only a few builds under my belt and i had loads of help with them ...
      Paper Towers
      RS180P/28F surrounds
      Boombox

Comment

Hi all, I'm down here in Charlotte County. I'd love to get together with some DIY guys. Hopefully I'll have some completed speakers to demo by then. Kent

Comment

I'm just north of pensacola, I could come down for a Speaker get together.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
          return to the source
          leviathan system thread
          deadhorse thread
          shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

glad to see there is some interest . i just looked at January calendar .the two weekends that look best to me are the 16-17th or 23-24th. i'm pretty much wide open so what ever weekend works best for y'all ... y'all can either reply here or my direct contacts are , e-mail - [email protected] and my cell 352-454-0717 ... i have a bit of work to do as i'm going to do this at a friends used car lot , its a good sized room but is currently used for storage and needs cleaning out ...Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5507.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	1170271
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

Wife and I are going to be in Florida and I could make it...maybe on the 17th. Love to talk speakers.

Robert
              -Robert

Comment

I will have just started classes, so no big deal on either weekend for me.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                return to the source
                leviathan system thread
                deadhorse thread
                shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                  I will have just started classes, so no big deal on either weekend for me.
                  can you bring any speakers ? i would to hear what others have Built .

i wish manney would check in , this whole idea came about to show him what a couple grand can build when there is no WAF (my towers)...

i'm looking forward to this , just downloaded 6mb of music from a friend of mine ....
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

OK , i've been in contact with Josh (Jbrunner) and he is good with the 16-17th and since all that have replied have said the same thing .... the 16th-17th it is ... i have not heard from mannye and i'm hoping this is good with him . he was/is wanting to bring his Outlaw RR2150 , witch i'm hoping can handle a 4ohm load ?

i have my Sony witch is 145x5 into 6 and a crown xls1000 pushing two 12's handling bass management ... Josh said he is bringing two sets , i have 3 and i'm hoping y'all can bring more as i would love to hear them !

i'm excited , this should be fun ...
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

Excellent idea. I'm in the Tampa area and should be able to make it. I can bring along my version of these http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...15#post1639915

Comment

Originally posted by donprice View Post
                        Excellent idea. I'm in the Tampa area and should be able to make it. I can bring along my version of these http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...15#post1639915
                        excellent ...
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

There's a pretty good chance I'll be able to make it as well. I have a pair of Ty's Arias I can bring-

Comment

Presently I am working on these...hopefully they will be finished before we leave for Florida.
                            Attached Files
                            -Robert

Comment

One month guys , i'm getting exited ! i still have some work to do as i haven't started cleaning the room out yet and i really need to take apart the boombox and polish it . i think y'all will enjoy playing with the boombox !Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1170612

living on the coast i'm thinking of doing a shrimp boil , anyone opposed to fresh peel and eat shrimp ?

cocktails will be bring your own ...

this will not be a luxurious event but about the sound and will be fun and informal ...
                              Paper Towers
                              RS180P/28F surrounds
                              Boombox

Comment

Working...
                              X