Clear All

Re: No mention of France yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fr_1x._V288659243_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1170208

Classy move by Amazon.com today.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	France.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1170210
      No matter where you go, there you are.
      Website

Comment

I guess no one like FOCAL?
        Low, even for you, Alan. Come on. The world at large is dealing with some serious sh!t and you make a snarky post and try to reduce it to thinking about a company - gross. just... gross.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
          Low, even for you, Alan. Come on. The world at large is dealing with some serious sh!t and you make a snarky post and try to reduce it to thinking about a company - gross. just... gross.
          You obviously didn't get it, you seriously missed the point I was trying to make. Apparently no one else here really cares, because if they did, someone other than me would have mentioned the tragedy in France. Apparently even "low" me cares way more than you do.

So Johnny, how about if you stand up and lead us all in singing 'La Marseillaise.'

http://news.yahoo.com/la-marseillais...QDBHNlYwNzYw--
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ; 11-15-2015, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Nobody is mentioning it because we are numb and horrified. This will not end in France and the whole world has stuck their head in the sand on this threat. This is much too big for knee jerk reactions that I hear even from politicians.

Comment

1)Shown ineffectiveness of French special services.
              2)Puts a dent on common concept that religious extremism can only develop in poor countries. (all attackers were propagandized French citizens and France is one of the top most developed, educated and wealthy western countries)
              It'll be interesting to see how different politicians will try to take an advantage of this tragedy. There's already talk about more NSA, less curtailing, more guns and policing.
              Nobody however seriously talking about American and European foreign policy in the ME.
              Condolences to the French.
              BTW, Americans kill more American with guns every week.
              http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Sure Alan, you didn't create this thread to start a sh!tstorm - you are honestly concerned about Focal.

I notice no mention of the atracks in Beirut the day before, either.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Absolutely...numb...distrought, and disgusted with politicians. This shooting is a demonic force that needs to be dealt with NOW. Too late for some, but maybe we can save the inocent from an early death by heathen. I am praying for the people in France and all other countries affected by this murderous group.
                  -Robert

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                    1)Shown ineffectiveness of French special services.
                    2)Puts a dent on common concept that religious extremism can only develop in poor countries. (all attackers were propagandized French citizens and France is one of the top most developed, educated and wealthy western countries)
                    It'll be interesting to see how different politicians will try to take an advantage of this tragedy. There's already talk about more NSA, less curtailing, more guns and policing.
                    Nobody however seriously talking about American and European foreign policy in the ME.

Condolences to the French.
                    BTW, Americans kill more American with guns every week.
                    Maybe not.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...nment-official

I don't think educated and wealthy people are the ones that are being radicalized. Pockets of poor and uneducated "citizens" that fail assimilate with an country's core culture is a big problem. Look at all the groups that want to tear down the values and ideals the US was founded on.

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                      1)BTW, Americans kill more American with guns every week.
                      Not to mention our propensity (along with our "allies") to kill large numbers of people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen et al. It's all barbaric, whether it's guns in a night club, drones killing women and children, or F16s bombing wedding parties. I find it . . . odd . . . that we call it "terror" when they do it, and "defending democracy" when we do it. My sympathy extends to all the victims . . .
                      "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

Comment

Open Gates 1080p
                        No matter where you go, there you are.
                        Website

Comment

Originally posted by Deward Hastings View Post
                          Not to mention our propensity (along with our "allies") to kill large numbers of people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen et al. It's all barbaric, whether it's guns in a night club, drones killing women and children, or F16s bombing wedding parties. I find it . . . odd . . . that we call it "terror" when they do it, and "defending democracy" when we do it.
                          I must have missed it when the terrorists accidentally harmed civilians (despite the great care taken to try to avoid them) and missed it when one of our people walked into a public area crowded with civilians and blew themselves up in order to kill as many innocent civilians (oops, meant to say apostates) as possible in the name of Allah.

We would never ask our military to add additional risk to themselves in order to reduce civilian casualties, would we? That would end up with injury or death to our troops. Oh, wait, I forgot. We do exactly that right now and some of ours have died in order to try to minimize civilian harm.

My sympathy extends to all the victims . . .
                          Your sympathy to all innocent victims is shared, but unfortunately in war there are always other casualties as you must be aware of. It's disingenuous to imply that you somehow have more concern. Maybe we should let the rest of the world fight it out without our involvement (what concern is it of ours, right?), but when they bring the war to our shores, all bets are off, just as France has now been forced to deal with.

dlr
                          WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I a have a feeling no one wanted to post about it because they knew it would cause a **** storm

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                              when they bring the war to our shores, all bets are off
                              We bring war to theirs . . . and now "all bets are off". There was no "war" in Syria until we (and our "allies") started arming and funding "rebels" there. Iraq and Libya were relatively calm too, until we created the chaos that led to ISIS. But when we kill women and children it's OK, because it was "an accident", "fog of war" and all that. Right ? ? ?
                              "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

Comment

Working...
                              X