X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squidspeak
    replied
    Re: I don't normally do things like this

Bob, only time will ease your heart. Thinking of the good time spent will bring you joy and a tear then a smile.
    Sincerely, Mike (Squidspeak)

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Reading through how you and your sister grew up was almost like revisiting my childhood; my older sister and I hated each other, everything was a competition and we could be pretty ruthless to each other. Now she and I are incredibly close. I'm very sorry for your loss Bob, and I wish there was more I could do aside from pray for peace for you in this difficult situation. I hope that in spite of this tragedy you can celebrate the times you and her had together. My heart and my prayers go out to you.

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied

I'm sorry seems so trivial. Back in '84 we had a somewhat similar experience with my brother-in-law. A week of H*LL in the ICU waiting (torture) room, and every bit of news was worse. I've been through some of what you have, and I can't tell you how I feel for you. I'm praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• biscuitbarrell
    replied

Heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Just this past September, my mom had a dizzy spell and attributed it to a sinus headache. The next day, she couldn't get out of bed, and we called an ambulance. A scan at the local hospital worried the doctors, and she was helicoptered immediately to Norton's in Louisville. Within the week, we had to make the same terrible decision to disconnect "life" support - Meningoencephalitis had taken mom. It was sudden and so senseless to us all. She was otherwise actve and healthy right up til the last; there was no warning. She was 76 years young. I'm 52, and I can tell you that nothing makes you feel so much like a child as losing a parent, and I suspect a sibling is just as bad. Cherish your time together.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Really sucks Bob. You will surly miss her always. May she rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• telmore
    replied

You two obviously shared a very deep & loving relationship. I'm sorry it ended so tragically. My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Basel
    replied

I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you and your family.

I have enjoyed readying your posts by the way, very informative.

Leave a comment:

• bobbarkto
    replied

Thank you all so very much. I'm overwhelmed, truly.
    And I know they are only words, but the sentiments they express are very meaningful and comforting.

As an aside, I pondered a while before posting that, but upon reflection it seems worthwhile in many ways, some not so obvious.
    Talking to a fellow forum member this afternoon we briefly discussed aspects of personal expression in places such as this. We had very slightly differing views at the start, but am now convinced that there is more to it than first appears and the appropriateness, or not, is mostly irrelevant. I can't see any generally applicable right or wrong, one takes want they want from it, and it's fine.

Thanks again, everyone. I'll be back soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mike220
    replied

Sorry Tom. I've been kinda mia around here lately forgive me for the late response. I've spoke with you quiet a bit at events and on the phone about your sister and the situation you took control of. The important thing to remember is that you were there when she needed you most and that is all matters in the end.

Sorry again, you have my number if you ever want to talk.

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied

My heart is breaking for you and your family.

I pray that the Lord brings you and your family peace and strength during these very difficult days and weeks. God bless.

Leave a comment:

• lowpolyjoe
    replied

Horrible. So sorry to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied

Went through something similar recently so this was a hard read. An important thing is that you had a good relationship with your sister and she wouldn't want you to suffer on top of her suffering. Wish you the best.

Leave a comment:

• ngjockey
    replied

Not usually fond of when people bring personal stuff to a forum like this but that breaks my heart. Deepest sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• NickJ
    replied

I am so sorry. That timing feels cruel.

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

I'm so sorry, Tom. I wish that there was something I could do to help, but if nothing else, I have big shoulders and you're welcome to cry on one whenever you need it. Take care, my friend.

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X