Marantz 2230 LED upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marantz 2230 LED upgrade

I did this project a few months ago . Some of the bulbs were burnt out on the front face of the marantz . I called around to see what some of the repair shops had for replacements bulbs but the prices seemed a little spendy. I ended up finding these at PE for a fraction of what some of the repair shops wanted. Total time was about 30 minutes from start to finish and is pretty straight forward .... The new LED's are the blue version and not the white . Hope the pictures work

https://www.parts-express.com/led-fu...-5-pk--070-122
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicholas_23; 11-28-2015, 10:12 PM. Reason: link to part used

Re: Marantz 2230 LED upgrade

Hi,

really nice work!

Regards//lasse
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Looks great! I've never seen lights packaged like that.....
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Nice job, Nick.

I saw those lamps added to PE's "new product" list awhile back, but wondered what they would be used for... now I know.

And I have to say... what a gorgeous piece of machinery/electronics. I'd be tempted to leave the front cover off of that piece! They really made stuff back then. I like my Onkyo amp, but while it looks nice, it's all plastic. Turning the volume knob doesn't impart the feeling of weight which equals luxury -- to me at least.

I like it!

TomZ

Hey, I see they're $5, but that's for a 5-pack. Might be worth picking up a few to mess with, I thought it was only one for $5 at first.
        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I think it looks fantastic!

Just out of curiosity, I went looking for those on ebay and stumbled across this black replacement faceplate...vintage modern:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-New-...-/151877198529

https://www.facebook.com/lowecustomguitar

www.lowecustomguitars.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this! On my to-do list is to recap, re-light, and contact-clean my mom's old 2238. I had thoughts of putting LEDs and resistors in place of the bulbs. How convenient that there is a product for that!

Comment

Thanks guys , it was really a cut and dry once the face plate was off. Speaking of the faceplate , I really like that black face "upgrade" that is in post 5 . I wonder if that seller sells them out right? I dont use ebay , is anyone here familiar with the seller?

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas_23 View Post
                Thanks guys , it was really a cut and dry once the face plate was off. Speaking of the faceplate , I really like that black face "upgrade" that is in post 5 . I wonder if that seller sells them out right? I dont use ebay , is anyone here familiar with the seller?
                No, but there is one clue on how to contact the seller directly: "You can also look me up on Instagram my username is Marantz 19"

https://www.instagram.com/marantz_19/

or

azimecki01 at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks BeeTL , Im going to send an email and inquire. Maybe he has a couple left

Comment

Love those older Marantz amps . They not only looked good but they worked good too . Great quality for the money . Definitely the black face plate .

Comment

They have an awesome warm sound with great dynamics too. I've owned several of them in the past and I'm a big fan. In the 90's you used to be able to pick them up around here in pawn shops for $50 bucks give or take. Now they go for stupidly high prices whenever you come across a clean one, especially if it has the optional wood case. I wouldn't mind finding a decent 2235, 2238, or one of the old console amplifiers.

Originally posted by wlb View Post
                      Love those older Marantz amps . They not only looked good but they worked good too . Great quality for the money . Definitely the black face plate .

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate it ........ this just showed up
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

How cool!

Comment

I need to get back to this , I was looking for a clear plastic cover for the tuner face and didnt have any luck. I didnt want to dissect the original incase I wanted to put the silver face back on .
                              Oh and P.S. Im also looking for the push button for the marantz , one of those went MIA and not sure when

Comment

Working...
                              X