10" Pro-Audio Coaxial Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Pro-Audio Coaxial Suggestions?

I'm looking for a pro-audio 10" coaxial to be used in a nearfield Hi-Fi setup. I'll have active DSP filtering/EQ at my disposal.
    The low end cutoff to mate with the subwoofer would be in the 70-80hz region.

Size wise I'm trying to keep it to a 10" for a few reasons. Unfortunately, that limits my options. Heck, BMS doesn't even make a 10" coaxial.

I've looked at the following:
    Radian 5210
    B&C 10fcx64
    Beyma 10xc25
    Ciare NDCX10-1.4
    Emminence Beta 10cx
    Tannoy*

*I know Tannoy is highly respected for their coaxial designs but I don't know which particular drivers (or speakers they are used in) are considered better.

So questions:
    First: are there any I'm missing
    Second: have you guys played with any of these? if so, opinions are welcome.

My concern is the horn/throat termination to the woofer and response linearity as well. Most of the ones I've looked at are pretty ragged in most regards. The Radian could be a nice option but the supplied graph looks like it's smoothed to 1/1 octave. Nothing I've found seems to be on the level of Kef's concentrics. So, yea...

Winslow... this is all you, buddy! ;)

Thanks in advance,
    Erin
    ErinsAudioCorner.com

Re: 10" Pro-Audio Coaxial Suggestions?

There are Tannoy 10 DMT II's on eBay right now. That's probably their best 10" concentric. J Gordon Holt used them for his multichannel setup for quite a while.
    --
    "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

DIYSG does have their custom Concentric-8.
      http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...l#post29157114
      http://www.diysoundgroup.com/alpha-k...centric-8.html

Comment

per the title, I'm looking for a 10".
        ErinsAudioCorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pallas View Post
          There are Tannoy 10 DMT II's on eBay right now. That's probably their best 10" concentric. J Gordon Holt used them for his multichannel setup for quite a while.
          I had the mk1 version years ago and very good they were too. Excellent vocals and were full of life at low volume but could go very loud.

Comment

Working...
          X