Is it troll season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it troll season?

Been a lot of back stabbing, bushwacking going on. Funny, we're all seeking the same goal.
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Re: Is it troll season?

I remember when I joined that I was surprised to see how people were using the "tag" feature.

For whatever reason (Chrome?), I don't see the tags anymore, and I am happy for that.
    https://www.facebook.com/lowecustomguitar

www.lowecustomguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by BeeTL View Post
      I remember when I joined that I was surprised to see how people were using the "tag" feature.

For whatever reason (Chrome?), I don't see the tags anymore, and I am happy for that.
      I think if PE could set-up the tag feature to ID the sender,
      the spineless cowards that misuse it's purpose would slither back under the mole sack that they so bravely share their invaluable input from.

Comment

I use Tapatalk,so I dont see the tags either. Pretty bad huh?

Comment

Thanks to kenny_k, I stand corrected.

;)

Maybe I just haven't been looking at controversial threads, and the few I have looked at were already cleaned up by the mods.
          https://www.facebook.com/lowecustomguitar

www.lowecustomguitars.com

Comment

Do the tags serve any useful purpose at all? Some are pretty funny, others just nasty, but are they any good for their intended purpose? I don't even bother to try to use the search boxes on the site. Google works so much better. Surely it would not be too hard to just disable the "feature" altogether. Would anyone miss them?

Comment

I don't get why anyone cares about the tags. They're down at the bottom of the page so they are pretty easy to ignore. I have a hard time believing that adults haven't grown a little thicker skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                I think if PE could set-up the tag feature to ID the sender,
                the spineless cowards that misuse it's purpose would slither back under the mole sack that they so bravely share their invaluable input from.
                That's just it- the software does not allow for it.

I think personally we could just plain do without the tags in general. How many of us actually use the search function through tags to find things on this forum?

Later,
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by dld View Post
                  I don't get why anyone cares about the tags. They're down at the bottom of the page so they are pretty easy to ignore. I have a hard time believing that adults haven't grown a little thicker skin.
                  I know some of us here (especially JR) get tagged nastily here over and over again. It's like someone peering over your shoulder and tapping on it repeatedly for hours. You can't tell me it would not get annoying after awhile. Chinese water torture is another repetitive idea of how likely it can get hard to ignore.

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Do away with or, ID the taggers and the problems should subside.
                    Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      I know some of us here (especially JR) get tagged nastily here over and over again. It's like someone peering over your shoulder and tapping on it repeatedly for hours. You can't tell me it would not get annoying after awhile. Chinese water torture is another repetitive idea of how likely it can get hard to ignore.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      Except this is easy to make stop, don't look or don't post. Believe me I have a terrible temper and blow up sometimes when things are bugging me, but just not on an internet hobby forum.

Comment

Trolling is a popular walleye fishing technique in the midwest, but not the season - it requires open water.
                        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                          Trolling is a popular walleye fishing technique in the midwest, but not the season - it requires open water.
                          agreed, trolling has a time and a place.

Comment

I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned. More important, I wouldn't have and won't allow them to influence me.
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                              I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned.
                              Paul
                              Me too. The funny thing is that I'm sure the taggers would get bored and stop except for others are always drawing attention to them in threads like this, giving the jokers the satisfaction they desire. I honestly can't even be too mad at them. Even as I post this, I haven't bothered looking at the tags in this thread.

Dan
                              The Hurricanes
                              The Baronettes
                              Conneccentric
                              UX3

Comment

Working...
                              X