• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it troll season?

This thread indicates that admins can see who created tags:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ags-in-threads

I find that pretty interesting.

I know the PE guys say they can't. What if they could?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
      I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned. More important, I wouldn't have and won't allow them to influence me.
      Paul
      Same here Paul...
      "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
      Bismarck, North Dakota
      My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
      My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        I know some of us here (especially JR) get tagged nastily here over and over again.
        Wolf
        I wanna get tagged, i'm never it :D

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
          I wanna get tagged, i'm never it :D
          I tagged you.
          :D
          http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
            I tagged you.
            :D
            Bwahaha! Nice :D

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
              I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned. More important, I wouldn't have and won't allow them to influence me.
              Paul
              Same here. I never look at tags unless mentioned. I just don't think about them. I am used to say what I think and am upfront about it (to the great consternation of my wife sometimes when I do so to other people).
              I would consider anonymous taggers not wanting to show who they are, yet leave nasty remarks, cowards, not worthy of consideration.
              Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

I signed my tag, who are the spineless ones who posted the rest. lets have a little "man up" action.
                Kenny

DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                  Same here. I never look at tags unless mentioned. I just don't think about them. I am used to say what I think and am upfront about it (to the great consternation of my wife sometimes when I do so to other people).
                  I would consider anonymous taggers not wanting to show who they are, yet leave nasty remarks, cowards, not worthy of consideration.
                  I come here to read posts and replies and or reply to posts. Tags are of no consequence because I don't read them, they are virtually worthless., their content is never noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                    Hear, hear!

Comment

I'll say I'm new to this forum but not to forums in general, I have noticed this tagging nonsense on this forum in particular and there has to be a better word for it than trolling, in fact I think this is offensive to those who troll.

This passive aggressive tagging is even worse than trolling as at least when someone trolls, you know who they are! ;)
                      --
                      Javad Shadzi
                      Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

Yeah, I don't use them at all, for searching or actually tagging, so I wouldn't miss that function.

John A.
                        "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                        Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                        Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                        Pioneer TX-9500 II
                        Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                        Statement Monitors
                        Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                        Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                        Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

The internet is full of sad pathetic people. Best to just ignore and move on.
                          "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                          exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Comment

I am passionate about a select few interests, and do have emotional reactions sometimes, just not through the keyboard. I've learned to not reply, as it never enlightens the other person and usually un-enlightens the one who responds. Some have taken me to task about my retail background and my fondness for DIY as being disingenuous and generic, but I had the DIY mindset and education because of Pat Snyder and Dave Graebener, which was way before I started working where I did. Even my sig line has been admonished. Yet never said to me directly. I can't change how others see things, nor how they think. I have my own personal reasons, not because of conjecture or anecdotal evidence, but through direct experience and researching something before I shoot my mouth off (or type away). I find facts and proveable info, even in this subjective world of SQ. I'm not of the process that if I say/type it enough, it somehow becomes true or has relevance. Passion means strong feelings, in agreement or not. I figure if I lived in that guys shoes, I might feel the same way. I ignore tags, so I'm with the "don't look" approach. Things would be much different if we were all in a room, looking at each other and gauging responses and reactions through body language, eye contact and voice inflections.

John A.
                              "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                              Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                              Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                              Pioneer TX-9500 II
                              Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                              Statement Monitors
                              Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                              Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                              Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
                                Been a lot of back stabbing, bushwacking going on. Funny, we're all seeking the same goal.
                                I noticed this too. Kind of an odd feel for this forum.
                                Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Working...
                                X