• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S7910
    replied
    Re: Is it troll season?

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    Been a lot of back stabbing, bushwacking going on. Funny, we're all seeking the same goal.
    I noticed this too. Kind of an odd feel for this forum.

Leave a comment:

• johnastockman
    replied

I am passionate about a select few interests, and do have emotional reactions sometimes, just not through the keyboard. I've learned to not reply, as it never enlightens the other person and usually un-enlightens the one who responds. Some have taken me to task about my retail background and my fondness for DIY as being disingenuous and generic, but I had the DIY mindset and education because of Pat Snyder and Dave Graebener, which was way before I started working where I did. Even my sig line has been admonished. Yet never said to me directly. I can't change how others see things, nor how they think. I have my own personal reasons, not because of conjecture or anecdotal evidence, but through direct experience and researching something before I shoot my mouth off (or type away). I find facts and proveable info, even in this subjective world of SQ. I'm not of the process that if I say/type it enough, it somehow becomes true or has relevance. Passion means strong feelings, in agreement or not. I figure if I lived in that guys shoes, I might feel the same way. I ignore tags, so I'm with the "don't look" approach. Things would be much different if we were all in a room, looking at each other and gauging responses and reactions through body language, eye contact and voice inflections.

John A.

Leave a comment:

• r-carpenter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied

The internet is full of sad pathetic people. Best to just ignore and move on.

Leave a comment:

• johnastockman
    replied

Yeah, I don't use them at all, for searching or actually tagging, so I wouldn't miss that function.

John A.

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied

I'll say I'm new to this forum but not to forums in general, I have noticed this tagging nonsense on this forum in particular and there has to be a better word for it than trolling, in fact I think this is offensive to those who troll.

This passive aggressive tagging is even worse than trolling as at least when someone trolls, you know who they are! ;)

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
    Same here. I never look at tags unless mentioned. I just don't think about them. I am used to say what I think and am upfront about it (to the great consternation of my wife sometimes when I do so to other people).
    I would consider anonymous taggers not wanting to show who they are, yet leave nasty remarks, cowards, not worthy of consideration.
    Hear, hear!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
    Same here. I never look at tags unless mentioned. I just don't think about them. I am used to say what I think and am upfront about it (to the great consternation of my wife sometimes when I do so to other people).
    I would consider anonymous taggers not wanting to show who they are, yet leave nasty remarks, cowards, not worthy of consideration.
    I come here to read posts and replies and or reply to posts. Tags are of no consequence because I don't read them, they are virtually worthless., their content is never noticed.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

I signed my tag, who are the spineless ones who posted the rest. lets have a little "man up" action.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned. More important, I wouldn't have and won't allow them to influence me.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
    I tagged you.
    :D
    Bwahaha! Nice :D

Leave a comment:

• r-carpenter
    replied

Originally posted by killa View Post
    I wanna get tagged, i'm never it :D
    I tagged you.
    :D

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    I know some of us here (especially JR) get tagged nastily here over and over again.
    Wolf
    I wanna get tagged, i'm never it :D

Leave a comment:

• mikejennens
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    I've never looked at the tags and wouldn't even know they existed without them being mentioned. More important, I wouldn't have and won't allow them to influence me.
    Paul
    Same here Paul...

Leave a comment:

• philthien
    replied

This thread indicates that admins can see who created tags:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ags-in-threads

I find that pretty interesting.

I know the PE guys say they can't. What if they could?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X