DIY at AXPONA Awareness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY at AXPONA Awareness

I'm not sure how aware readers are on this forum of this exciting event. I know this forum is Parts Express centralized, but I feel this event is a matter that crosses DIY audio shop boundaries.

In a nutshell: Midwest Audio Club and Meniscus have teamed up to purchase a room at AXPONA. The intent of this room is to provide time to allow DIY speaker builds to demo their designs at the same venue as high end commercial audio.

The room isn't cheap though, and the idea is to sell hour slots to designers allowing them to promote their speakers in the room during that time. Of course, if people wander in and want to hear another pair that will be handled gracefully (as I understand it). This isn't a commercial venture at all, just an attempt to allow the groups paying for the room to recoup costs.

Honestly, I'm not very steeped in the high end audio commercial world, I'm not making tons of bank and I'm not out buying boutique gear. However I can say that I've heard (and seen) truly stunning speakers at the events I've been too. Designs that I have to believe have enough merit to stand against those being offered at AXPONA. We could argue the merits of this standpoint (and likely will) but that isn't really what this post is about. Its about awareness. I want to make sure people know about this event, and a great deal of the designers I know frequent this board.

That all said, I'm in for >1 slot and I am bringing at least a speaker to this room. I know of two or three other already. I'd like to see this room fill up so that an event like this won't be a one-shot money losing deal for Meniscus or Midwest Audio Club.

So to sum up: Have a design you think is worthy for sale? Follow the links below.

Links:

MAC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/midwestaudi...51507568315058
    Mensicus: http://meniscusaudio.com/axpona-2016-p-1536.html
    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
    Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Re: DIY at AXPONA Awareness

I'll be there with a design!
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

That sounds awesome! Wish I could make it.
      -Kerry

Comment

I might as well. Depending on if I deem this next build worthy to be sold lol.
        https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

What a great opportunity to meet some of you guys and see/hear/compare the DIY stuff. I'm excited. Will all of the electronics be provided? I don't design speakers, but I do support the cause and am currently working on finishing a pair of 3-way Continuums. If there are still a few slots that need to be filled at the end, I can cover one and put mine in there... as long as they are finished and I'm not too embarrassed. Here's where they currently stand...

Comment

Comment

Those multiple angles hurt my brain!

Love to see all of you there!

Comment

Originally posted by a|F View Post
                What a great opportunity to meet some of you guys and see/hear/compare the DIY stuff. I'm excited. Will all of the electronics be provided? I don't design speakers, but I do support the cause and am currently working on finishing a pair of 3-way Continuums. If there are still a few slots that need to be filled at the end, I can cover one and put mine in there... as long as they are finished and I'm not too embarrassed. Here's where they currently stand...
                You might want to ask the designer if he is ok with his IP being showcased.
                BTW, that looks cool.
                My Statement monitors
                My Piccolatas
                My LM3886 amp

Comment

Hah, I forgot to add that I would get approval. I understand Jeff may not want that, which is perfectly reasonable. I'm here for moral support. Cheers.

Comment

Sounds interesting.
                    diVine Audio

Comment

I'll be there and I've purchased a slot. For me, getting input from the Axpona attendees and hearing their thoughts regarding DIY will be interesting and educational. ASAIK, this has never been done at Axpona (an exhibit room showcasing DIY speakers). At the very least, it's going to be a lot of fun. If you're attending, make sure to pop in and say hello!!
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I'll be bringing the Behringer UMC202HD if anyone wants to give it a listen.

Comment

If you've not seen this little promo for Axpona, you owe it to yourself to check it out. You WILL laugh because it speaks the truth. DIYers can relate for sure.

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Honestly, if you don't like the idea, don't waste your time tagging stupid $hit. Seriously, grow the fu*k up.
                            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Tags from fools that no nothing of the show, the venues, or the clientele. Get a life.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                              X