• PWR RYD
    replied
    Re: NE225W+PM180+ViaWave Design & Build Thread

That's much better.

Leave a comment:

• jml
    replied

Thanks guys! I did mention that there would be obtuse questions in my original post - glad we got that out of the way.

I've lowered the input power, and it models well without any port noise issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Port 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1171701

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied

+1

That's an unrealistic input power and SPL.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by jml View Post
    Greetings!

I thought that it would be good etiquette to start a single thread for all questions and progress updates on this (yet to be named) project. Hopefully this makes it easy to follow from beginning to end, and keeps my obtuse line of questions contained to a single thread HAHA!

The next order of business is finalizing box volume(s), so that I can get the dimensions finalized before making some sawdust.

Below is my first draft using UniBox to model the NE225Ws. The one issue that I seem to keep running into, whether I model it with 1 or 2 ports is Port Air Speed. Either way, increasing the port ID enough to reduce the air speed results in impractically long port lengths. How much of a concern is the air speed with a rear-facing port with a 1.5" round-over?

As always, thanks to everyone for your knowledge. I look forward to learning a great deal throughout this build, and hopefully giving back to the forum throughout the process.

Cheers!

Joe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64044[/ATTACH]
    Try modeling it at listening levels that do not result in permanent hearing loss, like, say 90-95db.

Leave a comment:

• jml
    started a topic NE225W+PM180+ViaWave Design & Build Thread

NE225W+PM180+ViaWave Design & Build Thread

Greetings!

I thought that it would be good etiquette to start a single thread for all questions and progress updates on this (yet to be named) project. Hopefully this makes it easy to follow from beginning to end, and keeps my obtuse line of questions contained to a single thread HAHA!

The next order of business is finalizing box volume(s), so that I can get the dimensions finalized before making some sawdust.

Below is my first draft using UniBox to model the NE225Ws. The one issue that I seem to keep running into, whether I model it with 1 or 2 ports is Port Air Speed. Either way, increasing the port ID enough to reduce the air speed results in impractically long port lengths. How much of a concern is the air speed with a rear-facing port with a 1.5" round-over?

As always, thanks to everyone for your knowledge. I look forward to learning a great deal throughout this build, and hopefully giving back to the forum throughout the process.

Cheers!

Joe

Name:	1 port.png
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1193638

Name:	1 Port Air Speed.png
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1193639