$vboptions[bbtitle]   $vboptions[bbtitle]  
  Terms and Conditions     Project Showcase
  Resource Index   Speaker Terms Glossary
  Security/Privacy   Speaker Replacement Help

Default How To Convert PE .TXT file(s) to FRD and ZMA: PCD?

I am new to PCD. I want to use the impedance and frequency numbers from PE and convert to FRD and ZMA files. Do I need a converter or are the numbers in the .TXT files all I need. If so how do I go about loading the .TXT files into PCD?

This is for the HiVi D6.8 driver.

Default Re: How To Convert PE .TXT file(s) to FRD and ZMA: PCD?

Just open the X.txt file and rename it as a X.frd or X.zma

Wait, I am not following you.

First, I have been using some .frd and .zma FILES(FORMAT) that I found on some websites. I have been using them for practice to better acquaint myself with PCD.

These files have specific suffixes (.frd and .zma) and they are are recognized as frequencey response FILES by PCD.

Now, the (CLIO) .TXT files from PE are in some sort of WORDPAD format, not in the frequency response format (.frd, .zma) that PCD recognizes.

If I save the wordpad file as, lets say, hivid68.frd is is still in wordpad format (.txt), and PCD does not recognize it.

So, again, how do I go about getting PCD to recognize the information in the PE .txt files. Is there a converter or do I need to manually type in the numbers or can you give me a step by step method of this process.

THANKS

37.549080, -106.157895, altitude 2319.528 meters

Quote Originally Posted by drp103 View Post
    Wait, I am not following you.

First, I have been using some .frd and .zma FILES(FORMAT) that I found on some websites. I have been using them for practice to better acquaint myself with PCD.

These files have specific suffixes (.frd and .zma) and they are are recognized as frequencey response FILES by PCD.

Now, the (CLIO) .TXT files from PE are in some sort of WORDPAD format, not in the frequency response format (.frd, .zma) that PCD recognizes.

If I save the wordpad file as, lets say, hivid68.frd is is still in wordpad format (.txt), and PCD does not recognize it.

So, again, how do I go about getting PCD to recognize the information in the PE .txt files. Is there a converter or do I need to manually type in the numbers or can you give me a step by step method of this process.

THANKS
    Make sure you strip everything out of the files except for the 3 columns of data.

HTH,
    Dave

You open the file in simple text and rename the extension.

So if you have a file named D6.8.txt, you open it with simple text, and then rename it D6.8.frd. Save as and then you have the files you need. Make sure when you save the new file that you have the "all files" type selected. Otherwise it will still be a txt file.

Quote Originally Posted by drp103 View Post
    I am new to PCD. I want to use the impedance and frequency numbers from PE and convert to FRD and ZMA files. Do I need a converter or are the numbers in the .TXT files all I need. If so how do I go about loading the .TXT files into PCD?

This is for the HiVi D6.8 driver.
    I don't use PCD (I'd LIKE to, but don't have Excel), but the software I DO use, doesn't like any junk AHEAD of the actual 3 columns of number data (including the column titles: Hz, dB/ohms, phase).

You can open any of PE's ***-XXXf/z.txt files up in "Notepad" (or "Wordpad"), delete all the lines of data until you hit the first row of data, then resave, naming them either ***-***.frd or .zma. Optionally, you can just rename all of them while browsing your directory folders, but you'll still have to open them up and delete all that "header" stuff.

PCD might also not like anything beyond approx. 20,000 Hz. Typically PE's z files have measured T/S parms stored here. Just get rid of them if you think they're causing grief.

Chris

OK, I know what is happening, I did what you guys said and saved it using the "all files" and it worked. It is very finicky; the way the numbers need to be aligned, without any extra "junk".

Thanks

Thread Information