$vboptions[bbtitle]   $vboptions[bbtitle]  
  Terms and Conditions     Project Showcase
  Resource Index   Speaker Terms Glossary
  Security/Privacy   Speaker Replacement Help

Default Ryobi tools warranty (battery charger)???

Is anyone here familiar with the warranty on Ryobi tools? I purchased a ryobi 18v 'compact' lithium ion cordless drill like a year ago, love the drill but the battery charger just crapped out on me. Kind of up a creek without a paddle without a battery charger. I'm hoping home depot will be nice and exchange one but I doubt it. Any info?

Default Re: Ryobi tools warranty (battery charger)???

If this is it, it looks like 2 years... http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18..._chargers/P113

dang I never registered the product or anything though, I always just throw that stuff away lol

Quote Originally Posted by killersoundz View Post
    dang I never registered the product or anything though, I always just throw that stuff away lol
    Not registering the product should not impact on your warranty claim provided you have proof of purchase (receipt, credit card statement, etc) which describes the goods, the date of purchase and price.

Check your state Consumer Protection Laws. Ryobi is ultimately responsible for the warranty and I doubt they will give you too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafasapost View Post
    Not registering the product should not impact on your warranty claim provided you have proof of purchase (receipt, credit card statement, etc) which describes the goods, the date of purchase and price.

Check your state Consumer Protection Laws. Ryobi is ultimately responsible for the warranty and I doubt they will give you too much trouble.
    agh, I don't have the receipt either. SOOL here. I'll be dropping the $30 on a new charger. If I were unethical I could probably put the old one back in the box and act stupid "this doesn't work!! I want my money back!''

agh, I don't have the receipt either. SOOL here. I'll be dropping the $30 on a new charger. If I were unethical I could probably put the old one back in the box and act stupid "this doesn't work!! I want my money back!''
    Wouldn't be that unethical. The part would be sent back to the manufacturer, so it would be very similar to a simple warranty claim.

Quote Originally Posted by devinkato View Post
    Wouldn't be that unethical. The part would be sent back to the manufacturer, so it would be very similar to a simple warranty claim.
    Good point

I opened the battery charger up (torx screws agh!) there looks like a resistor burned or something. I don't wanna mess with it!

Check you box and call the manufacture. A lot of these tool have date codes. If if was produced less then 2 years ago you should be ok.
    John k.... Music and Design NaO Dipole Loudspeakers.

just walk in and tell them the truth. they will give you another. this is how i got new batteries. i love this line of tools. the lithium bateries work in my old ryobi tools too.
    " And it's not just the end result -- nice speakers or a cool amp -- but the creative process that adds richness to my life; and an artistic outlet. A cool looking speaker qualifies as art in my book."
    Tom Zarbo, January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Good point

I opened the battery charger up (torx screws agh!) there looks like a resistor burned or something. I don't wanna mess with it!
    Resistors usually fail because their current rating has been exceeded so you may have a bad battery pack. You will find out when you try out your new charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafasapost View Post
    Resistors usually fail because their current rating has been exceeded so you may have a bad battery pack. You will find out when you try out your new charger.
    This particular charger has many fuses on the circuit which I'm sure would trip before burning up any of the components. It also has a status light for a "defective battery". It's just junk

Turns out the date code on it says 2008 something so it's past the 2 year warranty. That really blows because I'm pretty sure I bought it sometime in 09 but I don't have the receipt, and the 08 date is the manufacturing date so it could have been sitting in the store for a long time.

I'll just have to drop the $30 on another charger !

Thumbs down Re: Ryobi tools warranty (battery charger)???

This particular charger has many fuses on the circuit which I'm sure would trip before burning up any of the components. It also has a status light for a "defective battery". It's just junk

Turns out the date code on it says 2008 something so it's past the 2 year warranty. That really blows because I'm pretty sure I bought it sometime in 09 but I don't have the receipt, and the 08 date is the manufacturing date so it could have been sitting in the store for a long time.

I'll just have to drop the $30 on another charger !
    If it is too late to return the charger under warranty, then rather than spending $30 on a replacement charger, I would suggest looking to see if Ryobi makes another cordless tool that you may want that uses a battery and charger compatible with the one you have now. If so, put that $30 toward buying that other tool and use the charger that comes with it to charge batteries for both tools. And that will allow you to share batteries among the two tools.

"Our Nationís interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
    of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
    - from the 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
    A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower

Thread Information