$vboptions[bbtitle]   $vboptions[bbtitle]  
  Terms and Conditions     Project Showcase
  Resource Index   Speaker Terms Glossary
  Security/Privacy   Speaker Replacement Help

Default Madisound reviews.

Anyone know why they have pretty much zero reviews on the products they sell?

Default Re: Madisound reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by generic View Post
    Anyone know why they have pretty much zero reviews on the products they sell?
    Over 90% of their business is OEM. They are the largest driver distributor in the nation. Reviews are usually given by end users rather than industry professionals.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Holtz View Post
    Over 90% of their business is OEM. They are the largest driver distributor in the nation. Reviews are usually given by end users rather than industry professionals.

Jim

Interesting;

I guess DIY s somewhat of a sideline for them then. That would explain the abysmal selection of less that 12" SUB WOOFER DRIVERS THEN !!

ďAudio is an hallucination where the sufferer believes that he or she hears music coming from a small wooden box." John Woram

I've made LOTS of purchases online. I probably buy more online than local. But, I've never ever typed up a review of a product. I've very thankful to those that do, but I don't have any interest in doing it nor feel compelled to. I'm guessing 99% is more like me than the people who do leave reviews.

If they run their reviews like they do their forum (eg: they filter out the garbage), then that might explain it. Honestly, have you read the reviews of products on PE or MCM? What are they worth?
    No one is listening to your band. Maybe you should be LOUDER!

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
    Oh no, I'm tweeting now: @undefinition1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    Honestly, have you read the reviews of products on PE or MCM? What are they worth?
    A nose full of nickels and a bag full of hammers.
    Do It Someone Else.

I think they recently added the rating feature when they revamped their website. I never leave reviews either.

Some of the reviews on PE are really funny, seriously not sure how much you can put into a user review....
    :
    Dave

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran

Blog Entries

I but 98% of my stuff though them (because it's easier, just five minutes and I'm there) and I've never written a review either.
    So are you talking about reviews of individual components of their kits or either?
    I can see not having reviews of the components as they are all pretty well known and it just comes down to how their utilized. Plus I agree the reviews on PE. are pretty much useless(some are good though) it's just better to ask on the forum.
    David

Given the nearly total uselessness of the reviews here at PE, it doesn't much bother me. They're often just clueless, occasionally wrong, but if you think the person has any idea what they're talking about and come across somethinglike "installed in my Civic, made it faster!1!!one" it sure sounds like a fantastic product! Even if it's speaker wire...

I was thinking more on the kits they sell. I'm sure they are all good, but some feed back would be nice.

With all reviews, you can pretty much tell if it is of quality or not. Doesn't make them all useless.

"I fit random driver X in my old (brand Z) to replace a broken driver and it sound really good. Better then the original!"

Thread Information