$vboptions[bbtitle]   $vboptions[bbtitle]  
  Terms and Conditions     Project Showcase
  Resource Index   Speaker Terms Glossary
  Security/Privacy   Speaker Replacement Help

Default Train Derailment???!!!

Well,

I was a bit miffed that my PE order didn't show up today. I was expecting it on Wednesday or Thursday per normal procedure.

I went to check the shipping status, and here is what it said:

07/08/2013 18:49:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    07/08/2013 18:05:00 ORIGIN SCAN WEST CARROLLTON OH
    07/09/2013 02:51:00 DEPARTURE SCAN WEST CARROLLTON OH
    07/09/2013 08:50:00 ARRIVAL SCAN HODGKINS IL
    07/09/2013 14:21:00 LOCATION SCAN HODGKINS IL
    07/09/2013 15:44:00 DEPARTURE SCAN HODGKINS IL
    07/10/2013 20:00:00 TRAIN DERAILMENT ARDMORE OK

Great. Now what. I've contacted PE customer service, and I bet they'll pull through for me in their normal fashion, but my weekend plans are blown (and apparently some speakers too).

Default Re: Train Derailment???!!!

Oh, and one would think that if a train had actually derailed in Oklahoma, I'd be able to find some google news article written about it.

Nada. Zilch.

I hate UPS.
    I hate UPS smart post even more.

Please - all purveyors of products - use FedEx.

Found this: http://www.kten.com/global/story.asp?S=10835070 A google search mostly reveals peoples packages being stopped due to said train wreck, rather than any real info on the actual incident. Very strange. That does suck, nothing like having time for a project and waiting on the parts

Ardmore, OK derailment???? Ain't none of us railfans, BNSF/UP employees heard about it. Believe me, with as many scanners and "Operation Lifesaver" volunteers in our train club as there are, before the dust had settled, some of us would have been taking photos and video while stringing hazard tape. (I'm NOT joking. I was videoed by a Fayetteville, AR TV station stringing haz-mat tape while videoing the seance of a derailment on the Kansas City Southern some years ago.)
    BTW, I hate FedEx. The drivers can't read our electric sign with the store hours on it and try to deliver when we're closed. When we call and complain, the drivers thrown our packages under delivery trucks at the HUGE terminal here, and the poor little front desk girls have spent more than 3 HOURS trying to find our package, which should have been in the "return bin", but wasn't.

Yeah, ups always has an excuse. I once paid $40 to have a clutch shipped overnight delivered by 10am as to get my car fixed same day. 10am comes and goes and no clutch, as does 11, and noon.

When i call to ask where my package is, i was told the address was "invalid/didnt exist". We are talking a big white house with the numbers 3 different places.

At 4:30 that day the Kokomo UPS called me to tell me that my clutch was in their warehouse and i could come and pick it up anytime... Excuse me?

They just dont care, theyve got your money, and it will get there when they feel like getting it there. So frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbagby View Post
    Yeah, ups always has an excuse. I once paid $40 to have a clutch shipped overnight delivered by 10am as to get my car fixed same day. 10am comes and goes and no clutch, as does 11, and noon.

When i call to ask where my package is, i was told the address was "invalid/didnt exist". We are talking a big white house with the numbers 3 different places.

At 4:30 that day the Kokomo UPS called me to tell me that my clutch was in their warehouse and i could come and pick it up anytime... Excuse me?

They just dont care, theyve got your money, and it will get there when they feel like getting it there. So frustrating.
    The early AM stuff is a scam. I was on a jobsite a couple of states away from our office and needed a couple of small parts to finish the job so I had them overnighted for early AM delivery. I was literally waiting at the loading dock and checking the tracking on my phone. Tracking says unable to deliver, UPS truck never made an appearance until 3 hours later during their normal delivery time. Total crock of crap! We ship quite a bit via UPS so I was able to harass them into giving me the regular rate.

Fedex pulls the same crap. USPS is truly horrible in every regard (tracking, service, speed, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_W View Post
    USPS is truly horrible in every regard (tracking, service, speed, etc.)
    I agree 100%. Everything shipped through them sits downriver, maybe 30 miles away from me, for 3+ days after it arrives there. Haven't had problems with UPS or FedEx, both ship fairly quick. Orders from PE often arrive next day.

Thread Information