Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bart Oetken
    • Oct 2010

Lepai LP7498E Bluetooth

DIY world. I just got the Lepai amp. And, I have to say this is better than the Topping Tp-60!! I own all t-amps PE has sold and others on the market these days. This amp has a punch that delivers. The price is good. If you haven't seen this amp, check it out. This amp has so much potential. So many people can hook up with Bluetooth at home or outside camping. I want to thank PE for add these amp to there product line. I'm happy as can be. This amp is what most t amps are laking, soundstage with reserve power.

BR,

Bart Oetken.
    I love Diy audio, because its just me and my ideas and my shop. I can make and mold my ideas and put them to play, its an amazing thing to be able to do!!
  • kenny_k
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Jul 2010

Re: Lepai LP7498E Bluetooth

Thx Bart.
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

• Blenton
      • Jan 2011

Have you had any issues with the bluetooth connection dropping out? I purchased one of the bluetooth modules from PE a while back - the white one that's about the size of a tic-tac tin - and it would cut out every 30 seconds or so and sound a loud thump through my speakers. Plus, it put one of the speakers out of phase. So I'm interested in a different bluetooth solution. Sure, bluetooth audio doesn't offer superior sound quality, but it is good enough for most budget builds. And most people I know still listen to MP3's. I recently converted to FLAC

Comment

• foxfire3
        • Jun 2008

I don't know about the TA2022 in the TP-60, but I think the TA2020 sounds VERY good.

You state the LP7498E has "a punch that delivers", but how do the mids and highs sound compared to the TA2020?

Most of the Class D stuff I've heard(Crown included) sounds a little too "crisp" for my taste.

Thanks...

Comment

• Bart Oetken
          • Oct 2010

I can get up to about 25 feet away. Until the single dies out. I got them on a pair of vaiston 8" full range with the round Beston ribbon tweeters and they will drive you out of the room. I thought the speakers were junk until this amp. The miss are mellow and highs are clean and detailed. The build of the amp is very light. I was kind questioning the amp but when turned on. OMG man!!!! Try it out. The TA2020 is a good amp. But this is a very clean amp with awesome bass. Try it out you'll love it. I thought this brand was alright until I tried this.
          I love Diy audio, because its just me and my ideas and my shop. I can make and mold my ideas and put them to play, its an amazing thing to be able to do!!

Comment

• Johnnycat
            Been Around Awhile
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blenton
            Have you had any issues with the bluetooth connection dropping out? I purchased one of the bluetooth modules from PE a while back - the white one that's about the size of a tic-tac tin - and it would cut out every 30 seconds or so and sound a loud thump through my speakers. Plus, it put one of the speakers out of phase. So I'm interested in a different bluetooth solution. Sure, bluetooth audio doesn't offer superior sound quality, but it is good enough for most budget builds. And most people I know still listen to MP3's. I recently converted to FLAC
            Hi Belnton, were you using an apple "i" device? There was an issue with the iOS where if you had both BT and WiFi on it caused this issue, if you turn off the WiFi it should resolve the issue.

Comment

• Blenton
              • Jan 2011

were you using an apple "i" device? There was an issue with the iOS where if you had both BT and WiFi on it caused this issue, if you turn off the WiFi it should resolve the issue.
              Ahhh hahh... I see. Thanks for the tip! Yes, I was using my iPhone. Unfortunately, it would be quite inconvenient for me to turn off my wifi. Now, if only I could figure out the out of phase speaker issue (and no, it's not my speakers. Every other source is in phase).

Comment

• Bart Oetken
                • Oct 2010

I've finally got to use this amp for an outside application. A diy friend said that the bluetooth is worth a darn. I've have not had an issues yet. The more I listen to this little amp it's perfect for big woofers to tiny speakers. I'm getting away from the solid state amps. Still this amp isn't bad at all. There are amps that I've had that are twice to 3 times it's value and they don't even come close to the sound quilty. I've bought alot of worthless buyouts from people and a lot of things that I'll never use. I've compares this amp to 5 different t amps. And this is the winner. I'm not a bluetooth guy but it works. If you guys got a bad signal with the bluetooth and can't seem to find a solution then send it back and get a different one.

BR

BART

Comment

• jsr
                  Seasoned Veteran
                  • Jul 2011

Mine only cuts out when my kids stand directly in front of the amp. The amp is also surrounded on all sides with equipment so my kids standing in front completely blocks the signal. Otherwise signal is great. I'm about 15-17ft away.
                  I ditto Bart, the amp has a lot of headroom. Even when being sourced by the low output of my phone. Nice mids and clean highs. And a much better soundstage than my Onkyo AVR's amp.
                  I'd like to try the Indeed TDA7498E amp. Looks really nice and read some great reviews but at $140 with PS or $100 without, the Lepai is so much cheaper.
                  Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
                  Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
                  Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
                  Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
                  Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

• PeterF
                    Been Around Awhile
                    • Jun 2013

This one should sound almost just as good but with better Bluetooth reception: or more power but without Bluetooth.

Comment

• jsr
                      Seasoned Veteran
                      • Jul 2011

Ooh, I want that bluetooth antenna from that FX unit. I don't think the second is more powerful...they both use the same chip and same power supply. At 36V, the chip itself is capable of 128W/4ohm at 1% THD and 80W/8ohm at 1% THD, so any claims above that are bogus anyways.
                      Seems the TDA7498E chip is getting pretty popular.
                      Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)

Comment

• PeterF
                        Been Around Awhile
                        • Jun 2013

Yeah., it sells very well... also good feedback on TDA 7498E from Aliexpress many happy customers. There is also a new version of this amp too.

And this amp is with Bluetooth4.0 Chip, Bass and Tremble adjustment.

Here is also a nice version and 2

It would be good if someone could compare them all.

Do you think if you get a better power supply the amp will sound better???
                        Last edited by PeterF; 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• jsr
                          Seasoned Veteran
                          • Jul 2011

Wow there are a lot of amps using that chip. There's several versions of the chip too but the E version is the most powerful. Every other version is lower power for specific applications.
                          I don't know how much improvement you'd get from another SMPS. If I were to spend more money on a better PS, I'd make a linear supply but that counters the efficiency and weight savings of these small class D based amps.

Comment

Working...